Do you know the sample?

Padmapani

while looking for the track containing a particular sample my best hit on google turned up this thread on psynews. and it actually answered my question. nowhere else did i find any hints.

if, in times where psydb is not updated anymore, a forum game is all it takes to preserve information about samples in psy music, then let's start another round!

i'll give you a sample, whoever guesses the track containing the sample correctly, gets to name the next sample. let's not make it too easy by choosing samples that are not found in psydb, while revealing the source after a week if there are no answers in order to keep the whole thing going.

the first sample is: "there is no light, but there is sound. it fills him in great sluggish waves"

Yeah, I've heard snippets of that sample in a few other tracks too but this was the first that came to mind.

Okay, these 2 are from the same track: (not the only ones in the track in question though)
"... the fucking hell is that?" and "... black hole, the most destructive force in the universe, and you created one".

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paul Eye said:

No idea if this is easier or not :)

"You ever seen fire in zero gravity? Slides all over everything. It's like liquid. It's beautiful."

nice one, and it should definitely be easier. i know the sample well, but atm i have no idea where it's from. :)

2 hours ago, Paul Eye said:

No idea if this is easier or not :)

"You ever seen fire in zero gravity? Slides all over everything. It's like liquid. It's beautiful."

Well hattifnatt, i hope your not talking about 12 Moons or Astrix, so I will suggest:  DoubleImpact - Zero Gravity

2 hours ago, KER said:

Well hattifnatt, i hope your not talking about 12 Moons or Astrix, so I will suggest:  DoubleImpact - Zero Gravity

None of those is what I had in mind, and yours has only snippets of what I posted. Don't know if it qualifies. Padmapani?

And uh, hattifnatt, those ghost-ish things from Moomin? Where did that come from :lol:

1 hour ago, Padmapani said:

no idea yet :(. i got the feeling it must be some darkish 1999-style goa track…

Yeah, kinda. I know 2 tracks with this sample but can only definitely remember one of them. The one I can't remember is a late '90s darkish goa track, but for the one I remember you need to fast forward about 10 years :)

On 4/5/2019 at 4:29 PM, Paul Eye said:

None of those is what I had in mind, and yours has only snippets of what I posted. Don't know if it qualifies. Padmapani?

And uh, hattifnatt, those ghost-ish things from Moomin? Where did that come from :lol:

"Zero Gravity, It's Beuatiful" "It's like Liquid" "Comes up in Waves" "What you Do" "I did .. " "It's Liguid" It's Beautiful" "babbel""whisper" .....

This is a great downtempo track though. Sorry for the late reply but Ive had too much other stuff to listen to, so it was only now that I found moment to sit down and reply and listen to the Zero Gravity in full again.

So unless someone guesses the exact track with the sample laid out in the correct way, this game stops? R u Sure a game like this has not been made before in psynews though? Seems like a pretty standard guess the sample game :) Must have been done before, right? Maybe even with that same sample in Question. Zero Gravity, like liquid, it's beautiful"

Well yes Everyone Loves hattifnatts! :D Much much much memories and love to the Mummitrollene :wub: We went to a 35mm or what the fuck flick format is was again in a student theater and watched the https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240425/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2 a month ago. I'm actually drinking from a Mummi glass right now (øh, we got many of them with different motives from the Max Burgerjoint when buying a Kids Meny where they also have vegan/vegitarian options). I think all scandinavians and more people in the world grew up with Moomin, or Mummitrollet i Norwegian. Btw. thats traditional saft in the glass. With icecubes. Flavour? blackcurrant

56734766_1569154903214823_3420808517731221504_n.jpg

On 4/5/2019 at 2:38 PM, KER said:

Seeing as nobody else tried, and you got close enough, I'm all for letting you choose the next one :)

And this is the track I was thinking of:

OK:)

"I keep secrets. Secrets like smells and stains. Secrets like, how many knickers you ruined. Secrets like old addict closet balls, and ... Same sex dreams. Secrets like .. girlhood crushes. And masturbation. Secrets like, how many pregnancies, how many births. How many children do you have? Love. Care for. Secrets like CIA assassinations and who's really running Microsoft .. " "I keep secrets. I know you want to. But don't ask. It's a secret."

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 9:33 PM, KER said:

"I keep secrets. Secrets like smells and stains. Secrets like, how many knickers you ruined. Secrets like old addict closet balls, and ... Same sex dreams. Secrets like .. girlhood crushes. And masturbation. Secrets like, how many pregnancies, how many births. How many children do you have? Love. Care for. Secrets like CIA assassinations and who's really running Microsoft .. " "I keep secrets. I know you want to. But don't ask. It's a secret."

(Samples, got to catch them all!)

Ok i know noone will ever catch this one teack, but anyhoops let's try:

"I'm dead"

"Pokemon, I play Pokemon Go everyday"

"Every Instagram scheme, every Instagram meme. Every fucking whine, Is about this fucking Goat shit!"

*a donno a repeated word*

"All this Bullshit, stop acting like your 12 years old!"

*a unknown repeated word again*

"(Go) Fuck Yourself."

"Wanna be in a trend"

"They wanna be cool"

"You like to see people fail"

"no'h" ..

*the repeated unknown word again* 

"Why don't you go catch yourself a Tyrannosaurus Rex!"

"moneky noise"

"Well I didn't know it was like a trend"

"I Pokemon"

"more monkey noise"

..... "birds"

:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, astralprojection said:

There was no day no night

No sound no touch no smell

There was no form no taste, there were no directions 

Only pure reality

My turn:

1. Machines are tools, they are made to be used, it's their nature.... To be slaves?

2. There actually is cosmic system where birth and death are transitions from level to level

3. (In a hysterical female voice) What the fuck is going on?!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, psytones said:

(Samples, got to catch them all!)

Ok i know noone will ever catch this one teack, but anyhoops let's try:

"I'm dead"

"Pokemon, I play Pokemon Go everyday"

"Every Instagram scheme, every Instagram meme. Every fucking whine, Is about this fucking Goat shit!"

*a donno a repeated word*

"All this Bullshit, stop acting like your 12 years old!"

*a unknown repeated word again*

"(Go) Fuck Yourself."

"Wanna be in a trend"

"They wanna be cool"

"You like to see people fail"

"no'h" ..

*the repeated unknown word again* 

"Why don't you go catch yourself a Tyrannosaurus Rex!"

"moneky noise"

"Well I didn't know it was like a trend"

"I Pokemon"

"more monkey noise"

..... "birds"

:rolleyes:

This track, is bad ass. Horriblly cool, heavy, annoying, and a piece of Psytrance art anno 2017 that should have never been made, but apperantlly the whole scene mounted up to its birth

A shame of a track, but its fucking kewl. Haters gonna hate.

On 4/26/2019 at 1:50 PM, recursion loop said:

My turn:

1. Machines are tools, they are made to be used, it's their nature.... To be slaves?

2. There actually is cosmic system where birth and death are transitions from level to level

3. (In a hysterical female voice) What the fuck is going on?!!

all three in the same track?