Veasna - Horus / Charm EP

On March 3 (yikes, that's tomorrow!) I'll release I released two mostly unheard tracks of mine produced in 2018 as a short EP on my Bandcamp:

HorusCharmSmall.jpg.76385c7c8493424a436af6b9d1c21fd7.jpg

Get on Bandcamp

Both tracks were in a near-done state for the Spectral Flux album, but I felt that they didn't fit the rest really well. The first track, Horus, I would describe as heavily Ra-influenced, even though I only really noticed that while composing the melodies. But indeed, that lead to the name and also cover art :D. So if you like to think in categories, it would probably fall in the Suntrip-esque "newschool" category, which may be a bit untypical for my sound :). Charm may remind you of Wormhole from my album, the vibe is also a bit mysterious but overall happier I'd say. More oldschool-ish sound than Horus, but fitting the overall atmosphere. 

With this EP, I'd like to close a the second "chapter" of Veasna if you will. I see how the way I compose, arrange and produce music is changing, similar to how it did between the Energy and Spectral Flux releases. So whatever comes in the future may sound somewhat to a lot different, I don't dare to make predictions!

Samples:

By the way: Those who supported my campaign for the 5ynergy EP and replied to my message will receive a free download code for the EP. Again, many many thanks! It certainly failed because of my lack of advertisement, but the release fell in the major working phase for my master's thesis and I wasn't prepared for a CD release - it was a very spontaneous endeavour after @thanosp81 approached me with the idea. I simply couldn't put the amount of energy in it that I would have liked :(. Anyway, Kickstarter is extremely sensitive about backer information - which is good. However, that makes it impossible for me to just give an individual key to every backer. I received a few e-mails, but for those who didn't do it, please send me a mail or PM here on the forum!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Proxeeus said:

Good good, we definitely need moar Veasna :)

Good luck on your master's thesis by the way !

Thesis is passed, I'm already officially master of science and going for PhD starting in April. ;) That means I can work let be work and no longer have struggle with all that stuff in my private life, so there shall be room for moar Veasna!

28 minutes ago, Kai-Q said:

My aunte called Vesna

My very first gig was in Croatia and Vesna is a very common name there... I became immune to this joke quickly. :P

22 minutes ago, pdinklag said:

Thesis is passed, I'm already officially master of science and going for PhD starting in April. ;) That means I can work let be work and no longer have struggle with all that stuff in my private life, so there shall be room for moar Veasna!

Woohoo congratulations !

5 hours ago, pdinklag said:

Thesis is passed, I'm already officially master of science and going for PhD starting in April.

Congrats man. What subject are you interested in for your PhD? I have a year left for mine :) It's tiring but totally worth it .