Katedra - We Are Not Alone (Global Sect Music, 2019)

Please listen carefully, every sound in the track, every effect and layer. The music itself and the atmosphere is just super. Listen carefully and you will hear. The album is just awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

After many feedbacks about "too much bass in mastering" of our new release, we made a little upgrade. Its not big different, but we fixed some important things.

Listen: https://globalsect.bandcamp.com/album/katedra-we-are-not-alone 

But, let us introduce you to some things about our job. For this album, we made not only mastering but mixing too.

Mastering - it's when the music maker sends to sound engineer the WAV file -6db, no limiter etc. And he tries to make it maximum ideal.

Mixing - it's when the music maker sends to sound engineer all the elements of the track (kick, bass, leads, fxs etc.) and he makes better EQ balance. And after this mastering.  

Here's the list of the tracks with mixing by Dimitro Alienapia (One Day Mastering Studio), and we think he is the big professional:

1. Psy-H Project - Exhalation of Mahavishnu
2. Psy-H Project – Spiritual Experience
3. Psy-H Project - In A Shade Of Dadrrount'got
4. Psy-H Project - Second Coming
5. Psy-H Project - Boloto Trip
6. Psy-H Project - Infernal Candyflip
7. Psy-H Project - Active Meditation
8. Psy-H Project - Chatlane
9. Psy-H Project vs. Alienapia - Ramayana
10. Psy-H Project - Infinite Freedom
11. Psy-H Project - Crystal Worlds
12. Centavra Project - Capsula
13. Imba & Somnesia - Astral Travellers
14. Psy-H Project - Dark Matter
15. Celestial Intelligence - Crystal Gazer
16. Psy-H Project - Precession Of The Universe
17. Nova Fractal & OXI & E-Mantra - Stargate
18. Centavra Project - Terraformer
19. Centavra Project - Strange Object
20. Psy-H Project - The Essence of Bhagavat-Gita
21. Atlantis - Sacred Mantra
22. Fiery Dawn - Searching For UFOs (Median Project Rmx)
23. Omneon - Indian Walk
24. Median Project - The Third Element
25. Raving Universe - Ascension
26. Psy-H Project – Gaura Nitay
27. Centavra Project - Journey To Another Worlds (Mix 2017)
28. Atlantis - Space Mantra 29.
Slow Reflections - In a Rain Drop
30. Median Project - Heaven and Earth (Omneon rmx)
31. Katedra - The MoonShip (mix 2019)
32. Katedra - First Contact
33. Katedra - Ring of Fire
34. Katedra - Nagual
35. Katedra - You Are Not Alone
36. Katedra - Alienated Hallucination
37. Katedra - Radiointerference (mix 2019)
38. Katedra - The Edge Of Spaces

So, like you can see it's a serious amount of job, and it's the one of main reason why people think that Global Sect music has nice quality. Sometimes we have mistakes because it's a very hard job, but anyway, we fixed and saved many tracks.

For Katedra we were making mixing for 3 months, but we made a little mistake in the last step.

Now, our plan is: All the people who bought digital versions can download the new version from the collection. All the people who bought CDs will get 2 versions. First, we will send copies with "bass" mastering and after that, we will reprint CDs and send new copies. We think it will be nice for the collection because in the world will be only 40 copies with the first version of mastering.

P.S. my favorite track after fixed sound is Nagual :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GS Concept said:

After many feedbacks about "too much bass in mastering" of our new release, we made a little upgrade. Its not big different, but we fixed some important things.

Listen: https://globalsect.bandcamp.com/album/katedra-we-are-not-alone 

But, let us introduce you to some things about our job. For this album, we made not only mastering but mixing too.

Mastering - it's when the music maker sends to sound engineer the WAV file -6db, no limiter etc. And he tries to make it maximum ideal.

Mixing - it's when the music maker sends to sound engineer all the elements of the track (kick, bass, leads, fxs etc.) and he makes better EQ balance. And after this mastering.  

Here's the list of the tracks with mixing by Dimitro Alienapia (One Day Mastering Studio), and we think he is the big professional:

1. Psy-H Project - Exhalation of Mahavishnu
2. Psy-H Project – Spiritual Experience
3. Psy-H Project - In A Shade Of Dadrrount'got
4. Psy-H Project - Second Coming
5. Psy-H Project - Boloto Trip
6. Psy-H Project - Infernal Candyflip
7. Psy-H Project - Active Meditation
8. Psy-H Project - Chatlane
9. Psy-H Project vs. Alienapia - Ramayana
10. Psy-H Project - Infinite Freedom
11. Psy-H Project - Crystal Worlds
12. Centavra Project - Capsula
13. Imba & Somnesia - Astral Travellers
14. Psy-H Project - Dark Matter
15. Celestial Intelligence - Crystal Gazer
16. Psy-H Project - Precession Of The Universe
17. Nova Fractal & OXI & E-Mantra - Stargate
18. Centavra Project - Terraformer
19. Centavra Project - Strange Object
20. Psy-H Project - The Essence of Bhagavat-Gita
21. Atlantis - Sacred Mantra
22. Fiery Dawn - Searching For UFOs (Median Project Rmx)
23. Omneon - Indian Walk
24. Median Project - The Third Element
25. Raving Universe - Ascension
26. Psy-H Project – Gaura Nitay
27. Centavra Project - Journey To Another Worlds (Mix 2017)
28. Atlantis - Space Mantra 29.
Slow Reflections - In a Rain Drop
30. Median Project - Heaven and Earth (Omneon rmx)
31. Katedra - The MoonShip (mix 2019)
32. Katedra - First Contact
33. Katedra - Ring of Fire
34. Katedra - Nagual
35. Katedra - You Are Not Alone
36. Katedra - Alienated Hallucination
37. Katedra - Radiointerference (mix 2019)
38. Katedra - The Edge Of Spaces

So, like you can see it's a serious amount of job, and it's the one of main reason why people think that Global Sect music has nice quality. Sometimes we have mistakes because it's a very hard job, but anyway, we fixed and saved many tracks.

For Katedra we were making mixing for 3 months, but we made a little mistake in the last step.

Now, our plan is: All the people who bought digital versions can download the new version from the collection. All the people who bought CDs will get 2 versions. First, we will send copies with "bass" mastering and after that, we will reprint CDs and send new copies. We think it will be nice for the collection because in the world will be only 40 copies with the first version of mastering.

P.S. my favorite track after fixed sound is Nagual :)

Now that's dedication. Just bought the digital copy on BC and it's absolutely gorgeous. MAD respect for you guys.

Between, any words on the synthwave va? 

1 hour ago, Void Mantra said:

Now that's dedication. Just bought the digital copy on BC and it's absolutely gorgeous. MAD respect for you guys.

Between, any words on the synthwave va? 

Thank you! 

Yes man its ready on 80%, very hard, but interestring release. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KER said:

So, the first bassy version is for mushroom, and the second version is for acid? :rolleyes:
Sounds very good anyway, and maybe even better in general with the new touch.

Boomz

Haha, we not support it, you can read about it in Crystal Worlds poem. Clean mind forever :)

• Like 1

I guess most of you are mistaked. It's about mixing not the mastering. Katedra himself has always had this style of mixing: bassy, muddy, industrial. I know because we collaborated long ago on 'Magic Science & Imba - Ghost Town' where he was part of Magic Science, and you can hear his style in the track.

Even if I am not, nor personaly nor professionaly for it/this style of mixing, I support and respect his ideas and presentation of his music. And important thing is freedom which not many labels give you these days but Global Sect does which is amazing. In most cases when I finish and send premasters to label they say 'It's too clean', 'It's more Fullon than Goa', or it's not clean enough or buyers prefer more this or that bla bla bla... here Katedra had complete freedom to express himself musical and production wise.

Just relax and enjoy in what he delivers to you as his own Goa Trance without genre/style rules and boundaries :)

• Like 4

On 4/9/2019 at 2:50 PM, GS Concept said:

We think it will be nice for the collection because in the world will be only 40 copies with the first version of mastering.

Do you guys produce the CD's on-demand? This is very confusing to me.

4 hours ago, Penzoline said:

You said there would be only 40 copies of the original mastering. Did you only produce 40 copies? Or do you produce them by the order?

No , we print many copies in begin and sent 40 copies to clients from it. After that we just reprint only cds and change it in cases.  

On 4/11/2019 at 11:26 PM, Imba said:

I guess most of you are mistaked. It's about mixing not the mastering. Katedra himself has always had this style of mixing: bassy, muddy, industrial. I know because we collaborated long ago on 'Magic Science & Imba - Ghost Town' where he was part of Magic Science, and you can hear his style in the track.

Well, the problem was bass and reverb was stereo all the way down to the lowest of frequencies - this is just something you don't do, regardless of aesthetic choices or style. And it was possible to be fixed in mastering (unless it'd introduce some weird phasing / cancellation issues, but there are ways around it as well).

4 hours ago, antic604 said:

Well, the problem was bass and reverb was stereo all the way down to the lowest of frequencies - this is just something you don't do, regardless of aesthetic choices or style. And it was possible to be fixed in mastering (unless it'd introduce some weird phasing / cancellation issues, but there are ways around it as well).

Sevilla In Trance had delay and reverb on bassline, say no more... :lol:

On 4/15/2019 at 7:44 PM, Imba said:

Sevilla In Trance had delay and reverb on bassline, say no more... :lol:

On the low end, i.e. below say 400Hz? I doubt it... It was either going through multiband splitter and the FX was at the upper part, or Side (as in M/S) was high-passed.

• 2 years later...

Swampdelica 

I only discovered this record now; I don't know which mix I am listening to, but this is interesting and original music. This is Sloa Goa with a relatively slow, measured, unhurried pace. The rhythms tend to the industrial and have a grinding quality to them, which at times seems a bit linear and monotonous; I occasionally wanted more syncopation and percussive drama and different drum and cymbal sounds. However, the simple rhythm section avoids the plasticky psytrance sound completely (yay!) and does tend to create hypnosis in the listener. Moreover, the simple pounding drums and pulsating bass are well balanced by rotating and whirling Goa melodies full of reverb and echo, often quite quiet and subtle, and most of which do not build to climaxes. I need to listen again, but I don't recall any vocal samples. This is the opposite of extroverted full on psytrance with its plastic rhythm section and bold shiny leads. Further, the bass is heavy and the sound is quite soft and muddy, almost lo-fi. The overall effect is entrancing - sucking the listener into a deep, dark vortex of murky intrigue. So whilst all the ingredients are familiar, the way they are mixed together is unusual enough that a strange new dish is created: introspective industrial scifi Goa that reminds me a bit of Semsis and Menis in the Koyote days. For me, the primary impression this record creates is of a swamp. I'm calling it swampdelica. Original! Just goes to show that there's more to this genre than we often think; imagination is the main limitation. Really hoping to see more from this artist. ~*~

PS - beautiful cover art!!