Listening to my entire collection

thanosp81

• 2 weeks later...

Entry #32

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Best-Of-Reactivate/release/48954

Don't know whether it's the best but definitely a very good selection of what the Reactivate series was about.

Just a note, if you are planning to use just plain colours to distinguish the discs make sure you have them the right way around.<_< They sure made a mess out of it.

52749956_2251752195084127_83373042892317

5 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

You got me onto the Reactivate series. I'm through vol 1, 2 & 3. Had no idea I could like techno this much. 

I'm glad someone benefited from this :) Hopefully you will find other music as well although the most interesting part is back in Greece.

BTW, I haven't stopped listening to my collection, just hadn't had the time to post updates yet.

3 hours ago, technosomy said:

nice one, 10 - 15 my favs
jump straight to 12 (blu peter mixed version) is the best out of them all!

Never reached that far. I was completely drawn to Goa Trance by then.

8 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

Never reached that far. I was completely drawn to Goa Trance by then.

i was still listening to all genres then, right through the tech, hard house/trance era late 90', 2000's, throw breaks dnb rock and metal in that pot
not sure how i survived the extreme diversity, or the cost of buying all those albums (going by how many i had aprox 1000 a year for 20 years

9 hours ago, technosomy said:

i was still listening to all genres then, right through the tech, hard house/trance era late 90', 2000's, throw breaks dnb rock and metal in that pot
not sure how i survived the extreme diversity, or the cost of buying all those albums (going by how many i had aprox 1000 a year for 20 years

1000/year? So if we take the money factor out of the equation, you would need to listen to 3 new albums every day just to keep up. :huh:

Honest question: People that collect so much music do they actually enjoy listening to music? Or is it just the collecting process? Whatever your answer I have already made up my mind :P

14 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

1000/year? So if we take the money factor out of the equation, you would need to listen to 3 new albums every day just to keep up. :huh:

Honest question: People that collect so much music do they actually enjoy listening to music? Or is it just the collecting process? Whatever your answer I have already made up my mind :P

ha! fair statement
enjoy it more than you think, but their are others out there have met collect music they don't even like (kind of like those weird people you see on them tv show)
have witnessed alot of young people who collect alot of vinyl and don't even own a player!
absolute madness, with more money than sense.
i admit, was on a crazy collecting train for years, but everyone i bought got a listen ( working as a baker for 25 years in the middle of the night by myself, could listen to more than the 3 album quoter!)
and because my music tastes are extremley extensive, (yes i even love country and western) i have had alot.
i picked up alot of albums after ebay started up, as they had those 0.99 cd auctions and alot of times people wouldn't bid on them so often bought hundreds of cds at one time, back when postage was cheap.

as most of you know here i have sold off most of my goa/psy collection to raise money for various projects and to get me out of the shit for poor financial judgement (mainly buying to much other music!)
and sold of alot of other genres at a market stall years ago, and raised money to move countries and buy furniture etc, so i have only kept the real favorites or the stuff that no one likes, but i have all the music still
and we won't even get started on my vinyl which i still collect, and been selling the originals, buying the represses with plenty of change to fund other things
so to answer your question, it was both, but now just the love of music.
i have been shedding the weight of stuff for years, and still continue to, and feels great, having that much music was a burden, espeically when moving house and countries! and face it, is all much different now, we don't need the physical format anymore...... but, i have only ever bought a handful on digital format!
guess i kind of a hands on kinda guy
i even have a part in my will where a certain person on this site will get what's left of my goa collection when i die!

• Like 1

Entry #33

I still remember the first time I heard Globular's Colours of the Brainbow. What it sounded back then like a combination of Ott, Shpongle and Entheogenic and I was wondering why no one else had tried that before. And he just kept delivering, release after release, with no drop on quality (rather the contrary) and always for free. Having his first releases printed in cd is like a dream. Add an amazing cover artwork from Luc that tells a story and it's not "just" amazing graphics and you have a gem.

54517456_2265227517069928_63312754922047

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Entry #34

I know I haven't posted for a while on my "Listening to my whole catalogue series" but it is a bit difficult to prepare a post everyday. So, I decided to do it in batches.

And we continue with Globular.

For his last 3 albums he used to Kickstarter platform to print physical copies (and vinyl) and thank goodness for that. It's the music you love and expect but special mention goes to his last album. He showed a level of maturity and constrain that really pushed Entagled Everything to the next level.

57076191_2273231839602829_86970241683921

Entry #35

Zion 604. A label that with great elegance combines oldschool and modern Goa/Psychedelic. Special thanx to Roy Sason for giving me probably the last Brainforest copy available :)

56842737_2274115269514486_65781144524811

Entry #36

More releases from Zion604. Love the artwork direction, it's so fresh, not what you would typically expect from Psychedelic covers. And Deviant Electronics. After his debut album which unfortunately do not own, Green Room is the next best thing to have.56567356_2274117909514222_60595795933863

Entry #39

The latest addition from Zion604 (or is it Matsuri?) which is a miss to be honest. Sympathy In Chaos always had a quirky selection of tracks which was made into an enjoyable journey by the compiling and mixing. Take those two out and you are just left with an odd selection of tracks. Not even the remastered (not to my preference) Prana tracks were able to change my mind.

Sorry.

EDIT: Great cover once again

56857553_2278697852389561_12010126614420

Entry #40

Time to move to some old school electronic music and probably the most diverse genre coming out from this era. Jungle :) I loved Jungle (second to Goa Trance), unfortunately I missed it's peak year (1994) by that much. However in this compilation series you can find what it was all about. Not a single bad track with the 3rd volume noticing some future sounds that would later develop to drum&bass.
:wub::wub::wub:
Gem

57154769_2279381508987862_18150338820015