Cerebral Landscape   09:12    
Anti-Gravity   07:35    
Somnesia & PharaOm (Somnesia Remix) - Darkness   08:49    
Endorphin Memory   09:08    
Moment Of Essence   08:21    
Infinite Mind (Alternate Mix)   10:00    
Asura vs Aes Dana - Elie (Somnesia Remix)   09:11    
Lepidoptera   09:41

When I was a teenager, I started to listen to trance music, mainly discovering artists broadcast by some radio stations. My twin brother and me were just in love with any catchy and mysterious melody. We did not care about the structure of the tracks, the bassline, the kick, what is all around the melodies, it was all about melodies, the more melodies the better. 
It's only after hitting 18 or 19 years old that we became more aware of what makes a great trance track.
Infinite Mind is the 5th full length album from Somnesia. This artist loves melodic goa trance, his productions are all about melodies, if you need a melody fix just buy this one together with all his previous albums. Twirling sounds, emotional pads, acidic sequences one after another. Now, as a few reviewers have already said on this forum, the same issue I have is that it seriously lacks power. I am not a producer but it seems the basslines are too weak, the rhythms are simple, it just lacks energy. 

The first 3 tracks are a perfect illustration of my opinion, very well made melodies but the music sounds soft. Interestingly, the first track that has a more memorable bassline is the collaboration with PharaOm. Then interestingly again, the track originally made by Asura and Aes Dana has a much more dynamic kickline. So overall I have mixed feelings about this album, I find the work on melodies very serious and enthusiastic, Somnesia's love for melodic goa is very genuine without a doubt. However, I wish there was more attention put on the rest, more focus on the overall energy of the music.
I am still able to enjoy this release from time to time, and I have to say the ending track, emotional and deep, is excellent.

Rating: 6/10.

To buy > https://timewarprecords.bandcamp.com/album/somnesia-infinite-mind-timewarp088-timewarp 

• 1 year later...

Hmm, Somnesia is hard to judge... Maybe better Mastering would be a benefit. But I think the guy behind this project dont care much about how it sounds with good speakers, he just making his music, I dont know... Every time I listen to Somnesia I think: Why didnt he care more about production quality? Really a pity! Much potential!!! Too sloppy for my standards. Bought almost all of his albums but cant hear them, too bad quality.