IFO vs TRANSDIMENSIONAL

Samsharp

I.F.O, mostly cause it's opening track Maia is just such a masterpiece and really captivates me right from the start, and builds up to an absolute onslaught of psychedelia and when I think it couldn't get any more insane, it just takes me further till I feel totally obliterated. and by then the album is only 11 minutes in, and I'm ready to receive the rest of this galactic goa opera that always leaves me  so satisfied and feeling like I've been on an epic trek through an alien world. 

Transdimensional is great but it doesn't take me to those places like I.F.O can 

I'd take Twisted over either of them any day, however. 

2 hours ago, cambeing said:

I.F.O, mostly cause it's opening track Maia is just such a masterpiece and really captivates me right from the start, and builds up to an absolute onslaught of psychedelia and when I think it couldn't get any more insane, it just takes me further till I feel totally obliterated. and by then the album is only 11 minutes in, and I'm ready to receive the rest of this galactic goa opera that always leaves me  so satisfied and feeling like I've been on an epic trek through an alien world. 

anyone can clear up the story behind IFO album?  is it real that Carlo made it all by himself cause he was injured and coudlnt tour with the rest of the group ?

2 hours ago, cambeing said:

i agree, Maia is outstanding opening for an album that its tracks order is just perfect  - it just getting harder and harder until electra kills you ..and from then its going down... 

both albums are great and like a journey into space

11 hours ago, Samsharp said:

anyone can clear up the story behind IFO album?  is it real that Carlo made it all by himself cause he was injured and coudlnt tour with the rest of the group ?

I've heard something like that too, and it was all written in the space of a single month. 

10 minutes ago, cambeing said:
11 hours ago, Samsharp said:

I've heard something like that too, and it was all written in the space of a single month.

I heard it was all written in Wingdings by his 7 year old daughter

• Haha 1

transdimensional.

maia and asterope are better than any single track on transdimensional, but ifo is just three great tracks and a few good ones. transdimensional is not quite as exceptional as maia but just consistently great from start to finish. also ifo like most etnica stuff from that era is quite picky about what you use to listen to it. the album sounds sharp and thin on some systems while transdimensional always sounds warm and fluid.

Transdimensional is by far the better one.

As you and some other guys said before, the best track and highlight of IFO is Maya, the first track of the album. After that, it goes downhill.

Transdimensional on the other hand is a journey from the beginning to the end, with the highlights being more centered in the middle of the album, with Iron Sun being a great opener and it even goes up from there.

11 hours ago, Mallenaut said:

Transdimensional is by far the better one.

As you and some other guys said before, the best track and highlight of IFO is Maya, the first track of the album. After that, it goes downhill.

Transdimensional on the other hand is a journey from the beginning to the end, with the highlights being more centered in the middle of the album, with Iron Sun being a great opener and it even goes up from there.

cannot agree more what you said about TRANSDIMENSIONAL

but i have to disagree with you about  IFO - 

i see ifo as an amazing journey too that keeps getting crazy until the most harder track on the album ELECTRA ,and after that things getting easier on the ears.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 11:00 AM, Samsharp said:

still cant make up my mind which is the best psytrance album ever created

There's an easy solution that requires neither of your choices: Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger :)

And I've said it many times before, but I just don't see (hear) what's the big hype about IFO. Believe me, I've tried, just not my favourite cup of tea.
Haven't listened to any D5 in ages but I still prefer their overall sound to anything Pleiadians.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 7:45 PM, Ormion said:

I'm one of those who consider Dimension 5 vastly overrated. 

This.

D5 made some great music, but comparing anything to IFO and the impact it holds till this day, is blasphemy.