Tsotsi

Artist: Supersillyus
Title: The charade remixes 
Label: Self Released
Date: December 20, 2018

1. Aeon Bahamut (Nibana Remix, Violins by Kendra Breen)
2. Charade (Radioactive Sandwich Remix)
3. The Great Shenanigan (Matt Carey Remix)
4. Charade (Soulular Remix) 
5. Mirage A Trois (DRRTYWULVZ remix)
6. Mirage A Trois (eelko Remix) 

From the country that brought us big things that no one asked for image.png.0ac2f6109e18f8df2c0714de29b8b9f9.png

The album that instructed us how to feel human    image.png.834ab8d4c17e8bc783b9aaabd55264e9.png

And a bunch of friends who really should have all collab'd years ago (DRRTY WULVS, Nibana, Kendra Been, Radioactive Sandwich, Matt Carey, Soulular & Eelko).

Comes a remix album with a bunch of different styles and tempo's that you're either gonna love, or not give a chance because it's not your style.

P resenting image.png.db7fcddfd3a1ff42f83c9f4cf90f3e86.png

The album starts with a a Nibana remix. Did he give a classic a dark psy twist? No sir, this is pure squelchy instrumental funk coming at you. Kendra's violins add a nice spice and the rest of the track is littered with Nibana's synth work and deep atmospheres. All while keeping it's trippy edge.

Next up is a soft sweet thing that i wasn't expecting from Mr Sandwhich. A light track that Drift me off to dreamland at anytime of the hour.

Matt Carey is next. I wasn't sure about the beginning at first. Then i listened again and realised i had nothing to complain about. The rest of the track really takes off and turns into a funky dance hit. Probably my favourite

If you thought that things simply werent mystical enough yet well guess what Sonny Jim? Soulular has got the fix for you. A veeeeeery different version of charade is coming at us, the background melody and vocals are maintained but everything else makes it a cool trip of a track designed for laborious missions out to repair Ganymedes primary communication satellite.

So this album has been good. But are we dirty? I mean, we ain't DRRTY yet are we. Well the group who I've heard one track from to date are here to fix that. A big intro build takes into slow psybreak territory, I give it 2 whomp whomps.

Eelko finds a great balance between the original and a dark wobbly beast of a track. A bunch of trap tools are used to keep things fresh here. A really good closer.

What! Thats it? No one wanted to remix Trancendental Medication. Ya'll scared of a little challenge? yea yea alright Tsotsi, be happy with what you've got.

Look heres the deal. This album is fantastic. No low points and this along with the original album I am pretty much covered with a Supersillyus track for everymood. Well done to the gang and keep em coming. 

Oh yea. Did someone say NYP!!!

https://supersillyus.bandcamp.com/album/the-charade-remixes

40 minutes ago, Tsotsi said:

What! Thats it? No one wanted to remix Trancendental Medication. Ya'll scared of a little challenge? yea yea alright Tsotsi, be happy with what you've got.

Well, nobody remixed A List Of Instructions For When I'm Human (my favourite from the original release) either so there's that. And yes, the biggest surprise here is the Radioactive Sandwich remix, I definitely didn't expect anything that dreamy from them :)

11 hours ago, Paul Eye said:

Well, nobody remixed A List Of Instructions For When I'm Human (my favourite from the original release)

You have good taste. My favourite too, the original still surprises me though. 

On 1/8/2019 at 8:26 PM, Proxeeus said:

I'm sorry for contributing absolutely nothing to this thread but I had the voice from the "Honest Trailer" dudes in my head while reading your intro and it was hilarious.

OOOOOHHHH. I See. I plagiarised did I?  Mr i'll just throw a galaxy in the Psychonaut Wiki eye and make the best album of my career.

image.png.7f51782e3f6a5cdf75ec6f9684486095.png

I'm just joshing around of course :o I had Honest Trailers in mind too. ;) 

7 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

OOOOOHHHH. I See. I plagiarised did I?  Mr i'll just throw a galaxy in the Psychonaut Wiki eye and make the best album of my career.

image.png.7f51782e3f6a5cdf75ec6f9684486095.png

I'm just joshing around of course :o I had Honest Trailers in mind too. ;) 

B-b-but that eye has truly seen shit!

and the Honest Trailer bit was still funny dammit :p