Apoc Modern Psytrance

Guest Zachary Morris

I've been a fan of Goa for quite a while... I've always liked the fun groovy chill out goa which is a little funny and goofy sounding. I've also like the spiritual sounding samples beautiful melodies and vibes, and futuristic sounds that remind me of sci-fi movies. The best stuff was the most uplifiting.

The repetitive beat I respect as a meditation and prayer as the buddhist monks

and shamans have practiced. Herein lies it's power.

Nowadays it seems to me, the most popular sound is the cold hard dark toxic negative scary evil sound. Many artists nowadays are making music that feels horrible, that feels destructive and filled with malice. The power of the music is extreme. The baselines that vibrate at 560 BPM which are reinforced by 140 BPM consitancy have a very powerful effect on the psyche... for some reason.

Why is it these days it's "IN" for the music to be all about DISTURBING the dancers? Why would anyone want to dose up on psychoactive drugs and listen to violent DISTURBING music which communicates an apocoliptic intent?

I can see that the power is perhaps facinating... But why the sinister sound? WHY? What happened to feeling good?

"Why is it these days it's "IN" for the music to be all about DISTURBING the dancers? Why would anyone want to dose up on psychoactive drugs and listen to violent DISTURBING music which communicates an apocoliptic intent?

I can see that the power is perhaps facinating... But why the sinister sound? WHY? What happened to feeling good?"

I think it's because music makers (psytrance in this case) are younger nowadays than they were 10 years ago.

"Why would anyone want to dose up on psychoactive drugs and listen to violent DISTURBING music which communicates an apocoliptic intent?"

because it´s the other side.. Yin and Yang, both are equally important...

trance also brings up images in people´s minds, and seeing aliens, explosions, meteors and dark visuals is also beautiful, in it´s own way..

I for one dont like so much this kind of trance you mention, (nowadays I´ve been listening to more ´housy, green and blue´ music, if you can understand it) but I remember at one time I did enjoy a lot this dark music, like for example ´cujorious one - alien snack bar´..

Maybe leave the dancefloor when you dont like the music.. or choose parties with line-ups that will fit your taste better.. and remember not to judge people´s tastes (Im not saying you do, btw..), but just accept it as valid, just as your taste will also not fit someone else

• 2 weeks later...