Gnome Xang - God's Own (Demon Tea Recordings, #DMT231123A)

Well this release is much too weird not to  be shared here. First of all it's the world's longest album. "Demon Tea is proud to present a world record breaking release! The longest artist album ever published, almost 12 hours,"

https://demontearecordings.bandcamp.com/album/gods-own

What you think? Demon Tea Recordings are very much back, but at what price?..

(I used to eat mushrooms and listen to this label many years back. I'm not so sure I'm up to it today. Could be a fun ride I guess. Weird music tends to reviel it's true psychedelic scrumptiousness while bowling the crazed funny hat .. )

")

To say these tracks all the sound same is a severe understatement. Is it literally the same track with slight alterations and different voice samples at the beginning? 

Maybe it's just the suomi sense of humour but this would drive me mad after 3-4 tracks and there's 46 of them..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cambeing said:

To say these tracks all the sound same is a severe understatement. Is it literally the same track with slight alterations and different voice samples at the beginning? 

Maybe it's just the suomi sense of humour but this would drive me mad after 3-4 tracks and there's 46 of them..

I really do hope its a sense of humour thing.

Went through 3 tracks and indeed, what a joke. Wondering if the artist himself would have the patience to listen 12 hours of this sound. Description says " The tracks on this album were written between Jan 28th 2018 & June 1st 2018. " no wonder. 

I have not followed Demon Tea for a while but I remember good releases back in the day (Loopus in Fabula, Benza). Strange for them to release this stuff.

• 2 weeks later...