3. Rhinos
4. Hypersphere
5. Project 2501 (feat. Coexist)
6. Voyager
7. Whiplash (feat. Filteria)
8. Electro Machine
9. Let's Trip

Meh. 

Maor Hasbani has earned instabuy status from me with releases like Robotized so when I dug deep into this I was slightly disappointed.  I still bought it, but let me tell you it falls short of his first album.  It's mostly psytrance with powerful kicks (he always had those) weird noises, and some goa flavor sprinkled in.   When he uses his goa superpower it is hard to resist, but there's just not enough of that here for me to fully recommend this.  It also doesn't help that there are no standout tracks to be found.    Mind you this is my interpretation and nowhere did it say on the album that he was going to expressly make a goa album.  The sound quality is excellent as always and the tracks are decent, but in trying to be either a great psytrance or goa effort it falls short on both accounts.

Psyshop

It goes really well live. This is a dancefloor album.

Creating a dancefloor experience that sits somewhere between goa trance, modern prog psy, and old school acid techno... It's really unique. The warm basslines keep floors grooving while the music keeps you interested enough but doesn't overload you. I can see why some would think this side of things is underdone, but he's gone for a unique vibe.

His set at Shankra Festival was excellent, while his set at Boom (which you can watch here) was a lot of fun and a slightly different journey.

15 hours ago, Jaza said:

It goes really well live. This is a dancefloor album.

His set at Shankra Festival was excellent, while his set at Boom (which you can watch here) was a lot of fun and a slightly different journey.

That's the perspective I'm unfortunately lacking as I am exclusively a home listener.  Robotized had everything I was looking for.  Still a big fan though.

• 4 weeks later...