03 - Punishment System (148 BPM)
04 - Jazz With Wartuba (145 BPM)
05 - The Small Sorcerer (136 BPM)
06 - How To Style The Drive (138 BPM)
07 - Sound Gamma Radiation (154 BPM)
08 - Violet Noise For 7 Days (140 BPM)
09 - Circle Of Stones (152 BPM)
10 - We Are Light (Full Mix) (148 BPM)

I sincerely hope that the psychedelic community is visiting Ektoplazm on a regular basis.  It has been an invaluable resource for great music that would otherwise have been relegated to the unheard bits and bytes of the internet.  They truly have something for everyone regardless of taste.  Vytautas Paukstelis is from Lithuania and at this time this is his only release.  Is it darkpsy?  Forest?  Psy or progressive?  A little bit of all actually.  The details (effects that amplify the atmosphere and where I think his strength lay) stand out on the downtempo intro and dark tracks like (An)other Dimension thrusting the listener right into the ancient forest.  Jazz With Wartuba is creepy with liquid hallucinations and the dark vibe is palpable.  I love the break in How To Style the Drive...involving.  Sound Gamma Radiation is part darkpsy, part...Suomi?  I dunno, but I enjoyed it.   If I had a criticism it would be that some of the details and atmosphere get lost in the overwhelming beat and bass.  It's accessible for the casual listener (even if it's a bit all over the place) and while far from my favorite album I was glad I gave it a listen.  Some good ideas in here.

Free at Ektoplazm

• Like 1

Nice to see a review of this here. :)

This is really a gem dug deep into Ektoplazm waiting to be found, surprised me in a very positive way back when it was released. The atmosphere is extremely well laid out, it's an interesting progressive approach to dark psychedelic music (no, not "darkpsy"...). Can't really be compared to anything I know (hence the title?), and don't let that description scare you away if you're into goa trance, it's definitely worth checking out! Good stuff for night to dusk times.

Downside is that some tracks get a bit boring here and there. Tracks 3, 5, 6 and 8 really stand out from the rest for me, but as a whole, it's a very good album!

The guy's got a second album together, just looking somewhere to release it as far as I know. I'll be looking forward to that one!

• 2 years later...

What a surprising album  :o it is rare I feel a bit uncomfortable when listening to a psytrance track but when I listen to "Violet Noise for 7 Days" my brain makes a connection with the Swedish movie "Midsommar", a very weird story... 

"The Small Sorcerer" is very trippy, brilliant stuff. 

• Like 1