Poll: How often do you go to goa/psy parties?

Aspartic

How often do you go to parties?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How often

• Every week
    • Every month
    • A few times per year
    • Not every year
    • Never

Hi all,

Perhaps this question has been asked a while ago, but I can't find it.
I'm interested in a statistic of you guys/girls frequenting goa parties.

Here in Belgium there are parties every weekend (it seems), but I go to 1-2 parties per year (I'm 42 btw)?
I have to say that the more I go, the more I love goa and its scene. The vibe is so great at parties.
So I do intend to go more and more. I'm still a newbie. :-)

How often do you go? You like small parties or big festivals? Can you describe the atmosphere?

A.

there's a decent or at least acceptable party in my area every 2-3 months. i want to go more often but i miss half of them because i'm either too tired (why do they put most of them on a friday when work forces you to get up early and be exhausted in the evening?), don't want to go alone, or because the party is cancelled.

there are lots of parties in vienna, 2h from here. at least one per week, usually more. but most venues over there have shitty pa systems (i have no idea why it's so much worse in our capital than here) so i'll go very rarely.

the atmosphere is nice usually, especially when it's not in an official club. i like small parties just like big festivals (i rarely go nowadays because the people i used to go with claim to be too old for parties. i'm fine with going to parties alone but festivals would tend to be boring). 

I live in a big city in France and thete's always party, but it's all club and the club aren't even that good. Add to that expensive and you have the main reason I don't go often.

The line up has to be something special to make up for the rest. It can't even begin to compare with the vibe you find at psy festival or a well organized outdoor party.

Belgium has a lot of oldschool and one party I did there last year was neat, real family rave vibe, I hope to go back again.

Not so many parties a year but I want to do more, especially festivals - ZNA this year!

If I lived in Belgium I probably would go to more parties. I'm in the north of Sweden, well actually in the middle, but everyone thinks it's the north. So not so many parties around here, Stockholm or Finland is where I have to go.

I was at a party in Malmö, maybe 04 or 05, Jens Waldebäck was one of the dj's. That was the last one of my days of going to parties often.

Now not so much, this year I was at a Connection pre-party in Spain. Etnica played. Oh, I also saw Ticon playing live in Malmö maybe five or six years ago. But that wasn't very good...

Festivals is my thing. ZNA next year is going to be epic. :)

never.

my entire going out schedule is centred around proximity to hygienic bathrooms. if i don't have access to a 4 star minimum hotel or upscale department store within a 10 minute walk from where it's at then it's a no go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Never attended these parties. But I have a lot of fun with watching old YouTube recordings. Funny, but I think lovest party with nice music, beach and sunrise exist only in my imagination. And if oncetime I am going to visit the real party or festival then magic of Goa Trance will be erased, and some pain will be recevied... So, I even dont have these plans. This is bad, but this is true. I hope you guys think differently

Whenever there is a outdoor party that I find out about, typically at festival stages in spring/summer/autumn, I also try and attend some of the smaller psy trance only festivals here, nice spirit. I really love dancing, so will travel to a good old shindig.

There is certainly action to be had in the Anjuna area in Goa, India.. police willing. I was there a couple of years ago on holiday and went to 4 events at Shiva Valley,  Curlies and UV Bar. I think the police in the last year or so have been clamping down a bit and wanting music off at 10pm so just depends on how lenient they are. They seemed to be mainly playing progressive and full-on.

I'm not really a party-goer but I like from time to time visit some good Goa events, especially if they feature some of my fav DJs or live-acts. When it comes to music concerts I'm much more active. I selected third option :)

I'm not really sure which option to tick. Usually in summertime (late may - end of august) it's more intense, and especially this summer when I had a total of 2 party-free (or actually gig-free) weekends. Let's just say that I was "a bit" exhausted at the end of august. But still this pace is quite understandable as that's how long our outdoor party season is, roughly 4 months (give or take a few weeks depending on the weather). Then it's double that for the indoor season which usually is a bit quieter (and I don't mind at all, outdoor parties are much more fun than indoor).

So yeah, summer almost every weekend, the rest of the year maybe once a month or even less.

When home in Australia maybe once a month in little old Brisbane (indoor parties, playing everything from prog to forest, except goa lol). Then in between outdoor fests/little doofs every few months. Great vibes good scene but no goa again obviously.

When i was India last it was 3 or 4 a week for the 6 months there.. no joke..was crazy but you guessed it mostly no goa, in goa like ive mentioned here before lol.

Im travelling now the next 7 months and looking for intimate parties in europe then over to india/japan. So far have seen in Poland and Hungary their local scene, pretty cool.