Best Kickdrums

astralprojection

ok im back with another useless topic. 
(btw to those who might wonder, no i havent forgotten.)

i nominate for first place:  Crop Circles - Full mental jackpot (pleiadians remix) (the one off of Lunar Civilisation EP)
[ NOT the DAT version, but the Original version. Unfortunately, the kick sounds better on the original compared to the re-mastered DAT version.... :/ sorry draeke you know i love you]

2nd place go to SUN Project - I Feel

3rd place:  MFG - Sunshine

i didnt wanna make this another "spam youtube links" thread so i just posted the names im sure youre all familiar already

omg paul i love you! that was my favorite kickdrum for a LOOONG time. although i liked the Gnocchi remix version better.
back in 1999 and early 2000s this song was in my top 5!

the 303 is savage.

man i remember when i used to hang on the same community (remember when communities was a thing?) as miranda and we used to chat. she even gave me a kickdrum as a gift. 

i still have it to this day. here it is:
https://files.fm/u/d98xxv9j

if you examine it you can see it was given to me in 2006

i nominate hallucinogen thugs in tye-dye.

pleiadians - vimana is also worth a mention. no one ever does these long kickdrums that take up the whole bottom end anymore.

i also quite like "normal psy kicks", so nova fractal - mass extinction is nice.

and if we're looking beyond goa trance, i'd say protoculture - silicon sunrise or prometheus - drug sock.

gnocchi is legendary. both the kick and the acidline.

though i have heard the same kick afterwards on some compilation of proto-goa tracks. (sort of like project ii trance), but i cannot remember which track it was. so i'm pretty sure miranda samples the kick from there.

22 hours ago, astralprojection said:

omg paul i love you! that was my favorite kickdrum for a LOOONG time. although i liked the Gnocchi remix version better.

Heh thanks :) I still prefer the original though.

she even gave me a kickdrum as a gift

That's...kinda cute :lol:

On 9/20/2018 at 1:29 AM, astralprojection said:

she even gave me a kickdrum as a gift.

Curious. Because I have a same kickdrum sample and he was downloaded long time ago from the website of Billy Cosmosis, when he shared his samples and VST presets. But sample has another name - Phat Kick.

My favorites is kickdrums used by Chi-A.D. e.g. from Zero Barrier or Transparent Sea. From the recent past: E-Mantra's Leviathan. In 2015 he sounded like a was crafted in another world.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 5:06 PM, Monumental said:

Curious. Because I have a same kickdrum sample and he was downloaded long time ago from the website of Billy Cosmosis, when he shared his samples and VST presets. But sample has another name - Phat Kick.

My favorites is kickdrums used by Chi-A.D. e.g. from Zero Barrier or Transparent Sea. From the recent past: E-Mantra's Leviathan. In 2015 he sounded like a was crafted in another world.

dude, i promise you , with all my essence, that miranda herself send me that kick. 

now, maybe she stole it from cosmosis, but i definitely got it from her.

13 hours ago, astralprojection said:

dude, i promise you , with all my essence, that miranda herself send me that kick. 

now, maybe she stole it from cosmosis, but i definitely got it from her.

Thank you for the explanation, Astral Projection, I believe in your words and Miranda's gift, and source of kickdrum does not matter, it is non material object. Seems it was a bad idea to write previous post. Anyway, situation are cute. Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, astralprojection said:

i also really love the kick on  this one. its flawless tbh.

man i cant wait for his next LP

silicon sound is always top. not only the production but also musically. so it's really sad that he probably won't make another psy lp.

his latest "psy" was more like techtrance and his newest release is house. it doesn't look good for another silicon sound album.

This topic is not complete without mentioning BOTFB! The masters of dry punchy kickdrums that rip through dance-floors! 

Battle Of The Future Buddhas – Domestic Bliss 2015

https://battlebuddhas.bandcamp.com/track/domestic-bliss-2015

Battle Of The Future Buddhas - Sick Circus

:wub:

I go with Miranda too nevertheless i don't think a track in particular ;)

I believe that Necton have some big kick too, if i remember well of Children of the noisy village, their second album.

• 3 weeks later...