WHO IS COMING TO SHPONGLES LAST EVER LIVE SHOW??

technosomy

well only 6 weeks now to go
and even managed to stay accross the road from red rocks where the after party is going to be!
so we super happy about that
anybody else coming?
we also going to be flying around the states to other various places
anyone know of anything else spectacular we should see?

On 3/15/2019 at 7:00 AM, Jaza said:

I will be there. 

Got a job where I work in Nebraska from time-to-time, so managed to rig it so it's a half work trip which helps me fund it.

What's the go with the after party?

we finding out today, but from what i understand it's going to be where we staying, accross from the venue, my girlfriend trying to find out more info

On 3/15/2019 at 7:00 AM, Jaza said:

I will be there. 

Got a job where I work in Nebraska from time-to-time, so managed to rig it so it's a half work trip which helps me fund it.

What's the go with the after party?

if you see a guy with glasses and a blue shirt with orbs all over it.... that will be me

• 1 month later...

Hej ... it's odd then that Shpongle apparently will come to F.L.O.W. in Austria:

https://www.goabase.net/festival/flow-festival-2019-10-years-anniversary-feel-love-on-weekend-flow/101396

then again they say: "SHPONGLE DJ Set" ... maybe that's the point here ... you are apparently going for a live act

But when Raja Ram is doing it all himself (it looks like that), I wonder, isn't the DJ set more work than with the band...?

Anyway I'm reading between the lines that Raja Ram might not be touring as much anymore as he did before. So best would be to catch him one of these days if one still want s to see him...

On 3/16/2019 at 1:10 AM, technosomy said:

we finding out today, but from what i understand it's going to be where we staying, accross from the venue, my girlfriend trying to find out more info

Any further news on this?
I land on Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

So lucky....

I was at the first ever Shpongle live  (with the band, dancers etc) which was very good but it makes sense that after so many years their show is at a tottaly different level.

2 hours ago, Trunksan said:

I was at the first ever Shpongle live

Roundhouse, London in 2008? I was there too. It was a good show, even if it was actually quite weird to see them on stage as a full live band :lol:

• Like 1

2008 Halloween was the first ever live-show? Really? .. Why only in 2008? If so, I was also there. Was dressed up by a friend as Link. I loved the Juno Reactor djset, and the Darth Vader custome guy. Also handshaked MWNN there:) No wait .. 2009, I was there in 2009. Anyway, 2008, really? 

9 hours ago, Paul Eye said:

Roundhouse, London in 2008? I was there too. It was a good show, even if it was actually quite weird to see them on stage as a full live band :lol:

i know right!
at one stage there was 30 people on stage, was a real sight, and for them to put it all together in this form was a sight

after speaking to so many die hards at the show, who have seen every live show, and spoke to one guy who has seen simons shpongletron set over 30 different times, this was the best ever, but red rocks really sold it, that venue is out of this world, we were really privelleged to see this

23 hours ago, Trunksan said:

So lucky....

I was at the first ever Shpongle live  (with the band, dancers etc) which was very good but it makes sense that after so many years their show is at a tottaly different level.

took me by surprise how they could do it, they had a sax player who was going beserk on stage, most amazing solo have ever witnessed, simon really did get the best musicians to pull this off, not to mention simon also played piano on stage, he flawed me on that one, was also great to see dick trevor up there with simon on stage to

On 5/10/2019 at 5:52 PM, psytones said:

and the Darth Vader custome guy

That was me.  Don't have much to say about that live, it was a nice show.

I was petrified (I wasn't carrying anything, just didn't like it) that there was police with dogs outside the venue and they were searching everyone. As soon as I approached the copper I said something like "You don't know the power of the Dark side" through my DV mask and the guy laughed and just left me pass.... It was funny.

However, the afterparty was a mess for me. My fiancee, for whatever reason in her idiotic feminine brain  pulled a tantrum for litterary nothing (no problem with women, specificaly my fiancee) and tottaly messed my night. At that time, my eartly 20s, I was stupid enough to let it affect me, had it had happened now I would have left her and went party by myself. Anyway. now it's history.

I spent most of my time at the chill out. Banco de Daia was playing and Alex paterson too so I prefered to stay there. It was quite chilly too and the sound at the dance stage was very wierd, the cavern were it took place was a sound engineer's nightmare. But I did catch Mike Maguire (Juno Reactor), he actually was clever enought to lower the volume so the sound was decent.

I also had a small chat with Simon and Benji as they were coming to the afterparty. Simon's GF was super hot in a kind of kinky German dominatrix costume. 

Also, curiously enough, my fiancee said "Simon definetely has some kind of mental or psychological disorder". I made fun of her in the lines of " Yeah Yeah you big doctor, you spoke to someone for 5 minutes and you made your diagnosis.
However, at SUN 2014 I was speaking with one of the managers of the fest  that was staying on the same hotel with Simon and he was telling me that he's a bit wierd and he spent a lot of time kind of baby-siting him because he didn't get along with most peole but for someone reason really liked him.

Anyway, none of the above changes the fact that Simon is  GOD!!!

3 hours ago, Trunksan said:

That was me.  Don't have much to say about that live, it was a nice show.

I was petrified (I wasn't carrying anything, just didn't like it) that there was police with dogs outside the venue and they were searching everyone. As soon as I approached the copper I said something like "You don't know the power of the Dark side" through my DV mask and the guy laughed and just left me pass.... It was funny.

However, the afterparty was a mess for me. My fiancee, for whatever reason in her idiotic feminine brain  pulled a tantrum for litterary nothing (no problem with women, specificaly my fiancee) and tottaly messed my night. At that time, my eartly 20s, I was stupid enough to let it affect me, had it had happened now I would have left her and went party by myself. Anyway. now it's history.

I spent most of my time at the chill out. Banco de Daia was playing and Alex paterson too so I prefered to stay there. It was quite chilly too and the sound at the dance stage was very wierd, the cavern were it took place was a sound engineer's nightmare. But I did catch Mike Maguire (Juno Reactor), he actually was clever enought to lower the volume so the sound was decent.

I also had a small chat with Simon and Benji as they were coming to the afterparty. Simon's GF was super hot in a kind of kinky German dominatrix costume. 

Also, curiously enough, my fiancee said "Simon definetely has some kind of mental or psychological disorder". I made fun of her in the lines of " Yeah Yeah you big doctor, you spoke to someone for 5 minutes and you made your diagnosis.
However, at SUN 2014 I was speaking with one of the managers of the fest  that was staying on the same hotel with Simon and he was telling me that he's a bit wierd and he spent a lot of time kind of baby-siting him because he didn't get along with most peole but for someone reason really liked him.

Anyway, none of the above changes the fact that Simon is  GOD!!!

he is god
even more to me now after what i just witnessed, all geniuses are strange, so no surprise there

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the first Shpongle live show was in 2001, at the Solstice Festival at Mount Fuji, Japan...

They put out a dvd of the festival, with an excerpt of Shpongle's performance: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Solstice-Music-Global-Trance-Festival-2000-2002/release/1302164

On 5/10/2019 at 7:18 PM, Trunksan said:

So lucky....

On 5/10/2019 at 9:25 PM, Paul Eye said:

On 5/10/2019 at 10:52 PM, psytones said:

2008 Halloween was the first ever live-show? Really? .. Why only in 2008? If so, I was also there. Was dressed up by a friend as Link. I loved the Juno Reactor djset, and the Darth Vader custome guy. Also handshaked MWNN there:) No wait .. 2009, I was there in 2009. Anyway, 2008, really? 

Yes, I am referring to full band. 2001 was first full live band performance (although not quite the festival on stage like the newer shows!). They also did a full live band in Israel, and maybe another live show in Japan too... I know there were a few full band shows prior to 2008.

Here is clip from the 2001 live show: 

10 hours ago, Paul Eye said:

I'm sure we all were referring to the full band live :)
I know Simon and Raj had been doing a few shows as a duo before the 2008 Roundhouse gig.