WHO IS COMING TO SHPONGLES LAST EVER LIVE SHOW??

technosomy

So as you all know by now shopongle is having their last live show in red rocks Colarado in may
and we are trekking there from Australia for the love of my lifes 40th birthday
so who is coming?
would love to meet some of you there

this has been a long time coming for us

any help especially from you americans about the layout of red rocks, inside knowledge for accomodation, and anything else would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

Yeah me too. The number of gigs they can do there is mental, and he just doesn't seem to like playing Hallucinogen sets anymore. He's looked half in to it for 2 of the last 3 I saw. Even the new tunes he has doesn't seem to have translated in to more of those sets.

That said, to the OP: red rocks is meant to be absolutely amazing as a venue. Not a bad move to go there, esp while Raja is still up and at it.

EDIT: Here is the link - found it. As per the comment below the video I suspect it's more a "we may not ever get everyone together again" warning, which is fair, rather than locking it in.

Will be an epic show for sure man and may indeed be the last full band gig they get to do with the whole crew. 

Rajas health hasnt been great from what i know the last few years so yeah.. he will be slowing down.

Enjoy man and say hi to Michelle A for me, lol!

tickets are up now and some already sold out

we just got v.i.p tix with all the bells and whistles back stage etc

but holy crap those were expensive

so along with flights from australia and accomodation you get my drift

but very excited to say the least

still up to meet with any of you who do plan on coming

Red Rocks is in Morrison, so Dinosaur Ridge is worth seeing if you want to check out fossilized dino footprints. I saw them nearly 25 years ago and still distinctly remember what they look like, they left that much of an impression on me. The Denver Art Museum is pretty nice. The Natural History Museum (or whatever they call it these days) and the Denver Zoo are collocated and both worth seeing, and they're basically downtown so you can visit 16th street mall or the capitol afterwards. If you're downtown, D'Corazon Mexican Restaurant is really good. I'd recommend going to Twist and Shout Records if you're into indy, rock, classical, or metal music, but if you're mainly into electronic music it's not worth the trip. Denver's music scene is huge, so there might be concerts worth seeing besides Shpongle. Check listings for Ogdon Theater, Blue Bird Theater, Mammoth Event Center (nm, it closed). There might be new venues in addition to these, but these were the best back in the day.

If you're into the outdoors, I'd strongly recommend getting up into the mountains. Clear Creek Canyon is nearby and worth exploring. Mount Evans, one Colorado's 14kft peaks, is an hour and a half away and can be driven up (the highest paved road in North America). It's totally worth doing if you've never been up a mountain that high. Lots of the mountain stuff I like doing is up north closer to Boulder (Flatirons, El Dorado Canyon, Rocky Mountain National Park, etc) which is a few hours away through dense traffic.

After reading my recommendations, I realize that I'm officially in "dad" status. I don't know any clubs or bars because I moved away when I was 19.

Oh, stay off east Colfax Ave. Unless you're into armed robberies, crackheads, thugs, rough prostitutes, and murder. The Ogden is there, and yeah it can be a little sketchy at night.

we are looking at staying in kittredge, indian hills or lakeside air bnb's over the week we in the denver colarado area, on the friday night of the show we staying at the curtis hotel which we booked with the ticket, not being from there, and not a very seasoned traveller these days (yeah been a responsible parent for way to long) as well as being on a tight budget, any inside knowledge of the area as well as the travel to the venue would be much appreciated by anyone, seems uber is the way to go there,

thanks in advance