Meat eater/Vegetarian/Vegan. What are you?

Void Mantra

Meat Eater? Vegetarian? Vegan? What are you?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Meat Eater? Vegetarian? Vegan? What are you?

• Meat eater
    • Vegetarian
    • Vegan
    • Cannibal

My policy is: I will not refuse eating anything if it does not refuse being eaten.

I don't have a problem with meat eater as long as they slaughter the damn beast by themselves and don't go with the easy saikopat-plastik version from the supermarket. I think this woulf solve most problem of the current economy.

• Like 1

The Cowspiracy documentary and point from it is worth checking out. I'm vegan but can flex.. More and more options at supermarkeds are available and that's great. I'd much more like to be in a conciouse and aware world then a I don't give a Fuck. Also sone reas on to why i fell in love wit psy and hippies . For food receipts, bloggers put out a lot of ways to make awesome vegan meals. Science helps shit loads,  gotta love science/knowledge and progress. I see vegan ism as progress. Cows that eat cows got cowmadness.  I'm sure cannibals are mad men. B12 seems to be the weird needed key to survive. Else id say a vegan lifestyle aint no problem. Some huge companies like Nestlé  in the north bought a long time ago a great vegan option/company like HelsansKøk..  Anyway,  I came to spam suiting music. https://alice-drecords.bandcamp.com/track/dark-whisper-earthrings

Ps. I think maybe a point of giving pray before you eat a meal (sheep?), was/is because your eating another life, animal life. I can not be cynical to pigs and whatnot is being scared and killed. In my city, even the biggest Kebab street food chain, has introduced Vegan kebab. Vegan ism is really hitting on. Much because of what the awake and yeah hippie people warned us about in the 70s. We can not pull miles of nets scraping the ocean bottom with corals and whatnot to give you sushi at the corner. Meatlovers gonna hate. But this vegan wave will grab good hold to our further evolition . Its demanded actually. We want the option to survive in a modern sociaty on a vegan diet. It's needed. Elder people think oh but if I drink oatmilk with calcium what happens to the poor cows teets! ? Someone has to milk her.. strange way of thinking. It's a ugly thing many and most of these fur and meat industries. Blocking us access to film their inside reality by law. Urk.. shiva shawarma. Anyway, who gives a Fuck right? Your cells or what are addicted to the animal fat, so you think you can't be without animal products. Like smoking cigarette. . You can do without.  

It would be cool with a Masterchef vegan edition... chefs . It's about proteins and seasoning, right? Beef made og shrooms are good.

• Like 2

In my case, I think I ate meat or fish for a total of perhaps 5 times in the last 3 years, so that should make me a vegetarian. Eat eggs several times a week, cheese very rarely, cow milk sometimes but mostly go for soy milk. Rest of the diet is a lot of nuts, oats, vegetables and fruits, pasta or rice, tofu, beans. Sometimes beer or wine of course :P 

Why drink it? .. I drink oatmilk, almond milk, cashew milk, soya milk.. and not rice milk, at least very seldom. I love a glass of milk with my bread food. Also we have i.e. Oat cream, sour cream, to cook, put in coffee,  tea... .... Cows milk or what animal you prefer is not better for you as far as I know. Really. 

1 hour ago, thanosp81 said:

I can understand someone being a vegetarian (not vegan). But why stop drinking milk???

It depends on people but it's not easy to digest, also I know it's hard to believe what we can read on the Internet nowadays but I heard about so many famous sportsmen who stopped drinking cow milk and felt better afterwards. To be honest I felt a difference too, even though I still drink once in a while, but not everyday like I used to. 

1 hour ago, psytones said:

Why drink it? .. I drink oatmilk, almond milk, cashew milk, soya milk.. and not rice milk, at least very seldom. I love a glass of milk with my bread food. Also we have i.e. Oat cream, sour cream, to cook, put in coffee,  tea... .... Cows milk or what animal you prefer is not better for you as far as I know. Really. 

Why drink it you ask? For the same reason you drink substitutes of milk as you describe.

After a certain age and development stage of any mammalian organisms there is no fundamental reason to keep drinking milk. But there is also no fundamental reason to avoid it. Hence my question.

Is it just a vegetarians attitude to avoid any produce of animals just for the sake of it? 

BTW, I honestly am trying to get a better understanding of the reasoning behind it, I am not bashing anyone or anything like that :)

1 hour ago, thanosp81 said:

Is it just a vegetarians attitude to avoid any produce of animals just for the sake of it? 

Yes. A silent protest? About using milk to drink and cook. Substitutes are great.

Recon one day it will be cheaper to get plant-based then animal-based commodities in super-markeds etc. Dr. Martin's shoes, vegan Omega 3 tabs (hey omega 3 comes from plants in the sea not only fish...). Again science and truthful knowledge is really important.  To know. Anyway oatmilk just taste a tad different then cows milk - I prefer the taste with calcium. .since I grew up on cowsmilk and breadfood. Much taste is about habit.. Cheese... we have great vegan cheese blocks in the local grocery store now. It's very cool to see and taste the (r)evolution within vegan options in this country. Finally were caching on (big). Even McDonald's introduced a vegan burger choice not long ago, also Subway, Gas station vegan burger.. meh heh. It has a lot to do about caring and not ignoring. But yeah if Nestlé who has one of the best imo tasting and availible (!) processed vegan food options (meatballs, chicken, ..) fucks with it and makes its diet bad for us, and not healthy *Yey at least im not supporting the animal consumtion industry*. They can and will. But this boils down to concpiracy. The factory for these products (a Swedish brand originally bought up and "hidden away" by Nestlé many many years ago) are actually located in Isreal. Just like google. Ok I don't know how evil Nestlé is.. water .. They kinda own the/a marked .. baby food to mention one. KRAFT foods owns shit loads of sub companies. Incl. many originally Norwegian companies that we are/used to be proud of. Sold off. Business as usual. Some few winners"" buying up the smaller ones. Almost all individuals subcom to sell-out (ka-ching). 

halsans-koek.jpg

I think it in the end boils down to blatant truthful information and availible choice. The possibility to choose (plant-based). I of course believe that with best possible truthful information and possibility to choose. The world would go greener. Legalize it, drop the tobacco...  Right now to choose a very cheap pack of grinded cows meat is way simpler then to find and buy (cost) a plant- or mushroom based farce (I. E.). Before I went Vegan, I used to say I don't care if it's animal or plant as long as I get full and what nutrition I need to live and that it tastes good. Then again I'm not a food person.  I think it's boring to eat and usually stop eating when I'm contempt. With a vegan lifestyle choice your kinda (unless you go for the Nestlé or other processed food producers' products all the time) forced in to caring about food and how to make food - which is great for many reasons. 

Anyway when you get over the oat flavour in oatmilk, it's awesome and I do not miss teet milk. And believe me, I'm from the land of cowsmilk. . I miss hardboiled eggs  with caviar from tube. But we have vegan caviar on tube now so that's great. And for omelette my girlfriend (also vegan, but do not flex like me) makes an awesome chickpea flour omelette. Yeah. It's awesome, makes me not miss omelette from eggs. Only have a craving for a hardboiled egg. Eggs has saved my life through many poor periods with little to no food money. Great source of energy.  Eggs are the menstrual of the chickens, right? I know one can imitate and make a vegan hardboiled egg. But I haven't tried or tasted it yet.. 

More music: 

On 8/30/2018 at 4:26 AM, thanosp81 said:

I can understand someone being a vegetarian (not vegan). But why stop drinking milk???

1) A cow is continually fisted/inseminated against her will. (In human term, we call that "rape").
2) Her baby cows are quickly and repeadetly taken away from her (usually 36 hours after birth, so the milk goes to the humans, not the calves). Thereafter, the mother cow calls for her babies for days.
3) A good portion of the male calves go the slaughterhouses.
4) When the mother cow is about 5 years old and no longer productive (mostly due to stress, exhaustion and diseases), she's slaughtered for meat. Keep in mind that the cow's natural lifespan is 20 years on average.
5) In the slaughterhouse, she's usually shocked with a bolt gun, hanged by the legs to finally have her throat cut open. 

That's the true face of the dairy industry my friend. When you buy milk/dairy at the supermarket, you support all of the above.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2018 at 4:37 AM, Redo said:

Vegetarian. Good for the environment, plus plants/fruits grow back, seems more humane.

I guess being a cannibal is also good for the environment.

How far does your food has to travel to your local store?

If its sustainable, I dont care whether one is vegan, vegetarian or meat eater.

Unfortunately, killing your own meat/fish is impossible for the most of society, both because we have been raised without hunting as well as there isnt enough of wild fish and animals for all to hunt, so for survival of humanity, farming is still the way to go, big or small depends on sustainability, unless we go for every house hold having their own garden and animals for meat and dairy.

1 hour ago, reger said:

How far does your food has to travel to your local store?

If its sustainable, I dont care whether one is vegan, vegetarian or meat eater.

Unfortunately, killing your own meat/fish is impossible for the most of society, both because we have been raised without hunting as well as there isnt enough of wild fish and animals for all to hunt, so for survival of humanity, farming is still the way to go, big or small depends on sustainability, unless we go for every house hold having their own garden and animals for meat and dairy.

One problem with the meat industry is that the majority of its agriculture goes to livestock. As of today, 50% of the US land is used for agriculture. Moving to an entirely grass-fed industry is not possible, due to land menagement. This lack of space is the reason why the amazonian rainforest was chopped by 20% (and growing); NOT good for our gobal carbon footprint. Don't even get me started on methane, which is 10 times more potent than carbon.
Bottom line is, no matter how you spin it, eating meat is no longer sustainable.

Fun fact: All the grain which is used in the US for livestock animals could feed 800 000 000 people, which is 2x its entire population. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reger said:

Smart farming is sustainable, including meat eating, the question is - who will be the pioneer in such farming, where everyone wins?

Everyone except the animals, of course:

Couldn't watch the whole thing.

If one truly believe that the so called "smart" farming can alleviate animal suffering in this money-driven society, he's living on Disney planet. How far can we go for taste pleasure? How numb and cruel have we become for a bacon sandwich? There is no doubt to me that this "smart" agriculture is humanity at its lowest.

• Like 1

Hey Reger, yeah hunting your own meat is not possible for all humanity that's the point. Too much people.

I also think the "good rationallisation" is a big part of the problem. We are emotional beings and there's great truths in that.

If you are not ready to have the kind of intimate relationship with what you eat such as I kill you. I make the effort of killing, I watch you die, I piece you out with your blood on my hands, the smell feeling my hand and the sound of the limb being torn apart. You shouldn't eat meat.

We have been made less sensitive from eating our food (what is more intimate than what penetrates your body and feed you?) from plastic boxes delivered in supermaket. And so we lost something that is a jewell in our hearts, for some heat and habits, tasty stimulation.