Gangguru - Be Your Own Guru - 3CD [DATCD012]

It's finally the time.

http://www.arabesquedistribution.com/components/com_artistavenue/media/large_images/datcd012.jpg

The triple album of Gangguru is something completely unexpected, a treasure from the past teleported right to the present. This music was preserved on DAT tapes by the band, and a couple of years ago the DAT Records team digitized it and with the help of the producers identified and sorted a multitude of storming Goa Trance tracks. These have been remastered and tested on dancefloors during this period and itís now time to unleash them to the future for everyone to have and enjoy. These tracks are potent DJ tools and were played all over back in the 90s, at least one DJ remembering the band's early productions being played in Goa in 1996. 

DAT Records is proud to present a spectacular selection of the best of the best from over a hundred tracks that the band produced in the 90s, and we are sure that many will remember these tracks from their partying times and others will delight in hearing these creations for the first time. 

The tracks have been wonderfully remastered and are ready to be played out loud at events for years to come, so have fun and enjoy the trippy and magical music of Gangguru! 

Be sure to get your original copy so you can read the incredible story of the band and the behind-the-scenes tales that emerged during an extensive interview.

http://www.arabesquedistribution.com/index.php?option=com_artistavenue&task=singleCd&id=3843&Itemid=99999999

Release in September :)!

PS: The first track is called Ramawai and not Ramawao, on the artwork of the release the title is correct, not sure why on Arabesque there is this mistake.

22 hours ago, draeke said:

PS: The first track is called Ramawai and not Ramawao, on the artwork of the release the title is correct, not sure why on Arabesque there is this mistake.

Because it is a mistake :P

The album was compiled by me, i divided their over 100 tracks in different eras and the first disc contains the best of the best tracks the second is made with new discoveries and the third cd has the best of their early productions tracks that were traded a lot and played in many parties in the 90s :)

But i had a lot of help from the team, Vas, Kyriakos and Pavlos helped me in the process of organizing and selecting the tracks. Yes there are more unreleased and more versions of many tracks but we feel this is the best of the best. 

We decided not to include any unreleased of their side projects but these exists too, maybe for future releasing :)

On 8/4/2018 at 5:10 AM, draeke said:

The album was compiled by me, i divided their over 100 tracks in different eras and the first disc contains the best of the best tracks the second is made with new discoveries and the third cd has the best of their early productions tracks that were traded a lot and played in many parties in the 90s :)

But i had a lot of help from the team, Vas, Kyriakos and Pavlos helped me in the process of organizing and selecting the tracks. Yes there are more unreleased and more versions of many tracks but we feel this is the best of the best. 

We decided not to include any unreleased of their side projects but these exists too, maybe for future releasing :)

Sounds great, I can't wait to hear these in full. You've got one of the best labels around right now and should be proud!

The Gangguru release is ready, pressed, and packed, so you can expect it to be on the shelves in the early days of September - fantastic news for everyone!

We want to share a little story about the release that came to light in the final stages of production. Once again we’ve uncovered an old mystery and we want to share with you all.

In 1996, Guy Sebbag spent around a week in Paris at the studio of the French band and helped with mixing one track which was mostly written by the band. However, he did work a bit on the track and thus got a copy of it, together with more music that the band was producing at the time.

The band then forgot about this collaborative work and a couple of years ago when we started ripping their studio tapes they told us we may find the track in question. We could not identify which one it was but because the work of Guy was marginal in this track, they couldn’t be sure after 20 years, as all of the tracks had the characteristic Gangguru flavour.

Much to our surprise, after going to press and thanks to a tip by our friend Kobi, we discovered that this specific track had been released 20 years ago on an obscure Israeli compilation, with no credit to Gangguru or any acknowledgment of the band whatsoever. The track was released mixed on the EthnoVibes Ambient compilation as “Guy Sebbag - Alive” but it is in fact a Gangguru track, written by its members at their studio with minor input from Guy. It had no name when it was produced and was thus untitled on the band’s DAT masters that we ripped for this project, and we named it "Orient Express" for this upcoming release.

This track is therefore finally being released in its full length and unmixed form, and it sounds much better than the previously released mixed version.

With this release we bring clarity to an inaccurately attributed past release and do justice to the splendid music of Gangguru.

23 minutes ago, draeke said:

Much to our surprise, after going to press and thanks to a tip by our friend Kobi, we discovered that this specific track had been released 20 years ago on an obscure Israeli compilation, with no credit to Gangguru or any acknowledgment of the band whatsoever. The track was released mixed on the EthnoVibes Ambient compilation as “Guy Sebbag - Alive” but it is in fact a Gangguru track, written by its members at their studio with minor input from Guy. It had no name when it was produced and was thus untitled on the band’s DAT masters that we ripped for this project, and we named it "Orient Express" for this upcoming release.

That "EthnoVibes Ambient" compilation is amazing: the avant garde value of it is imo one of the purest expressions of what we call goa trance.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, draeke said:

The Gangguru release is ready, pressed, and packed, so you can expect it to be on the shelves in the early days of September - fantastic news for everyone!

We want to share a little story about the release that came to light in the final stages of production. Once again we’ve uncovered an old mystery and we want to share with you all.

In 1996, Guy Sebbag spent around a week in Paris at the studio of the French band and helped with mixing one track which was mostly written by the band. However, he did work a bit on the track and thus got a copy of it, together with more music that the band was producing at the time.

The band then forgot about this collaborative work and a couple of years ago when we started ripping their studio tapes they told us we may find the track in question. We could not identify which one it was but because the work of Guy was marginal in this track, they couldn’t be sure after 20 years, as all of the tracks had the characteristic Gangguru flavour.

This track is therefore finally being released in its full length and unmixed form, and it sounds much better than the previously released mixed version.

With this release we bring clarity to an inaccurately attributed past release and do justice to the splendid music of Gangguru.

that's awsome to here, another unknown to the great known

@draeke thnx for the info and for the mention.

I don't use this forum a lot (maybe I should), as a collector that own some tracks by the band, this is incredible release and congrats much appreciate to all the team for hard work.

as this mystery with Guy, we know and its confirm that Guy was some time in France, and he was recorded and travel to search/produce music,

him and a lot of artists was and produce with GGG band a lot of tracks , I believe that this is a collaboration between them (i still don't have Guy official comment) , but that's the truth for now .

as a personal talking with Phil and a gig with him, I can say that he is 100% great person to talk and a pleasant person to chat all of his or the band info is 100% for me.

Again congrats on the release and best regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...