Talamasca & Ivan Castro - We Gonna Rock Your World (Dacru, 2018)

Hello guys,

did you notice this magical album getting released? It is available from Psyshop and the samples sound quite promising...My favorites so far are tracks no.8 and no.10, but I guess all of them will storm the dance floors around the world this season. The old Talamasca is back!

image.png.e882e980ee0d26ee6ffd252c3ce4170a.png

Talamasca - We Gonna Rock The World

(Dacru 2018)

http://www.psyshop.com/We-Gonna-Rock-World-Dacru/dac1cd047/

1.Shared Experience 07:53

2.The Good Place 07:34

3.The Secret Of The Universe 07:16

4.Davai Davai (Talamasca & Ivan Castro Remix) 08:08

5.Eternal 07:43

6.Marijuana Reaction 08:08

7.Dear Devil 08:10

8.Nova Goa 07:29

9.After Winter Comes Spring 06:50

10.Uprising Tribute To Muse

I am really looking forward to hear your opinions as well!

• Like 1

Just listened to the first track. What the fuck is that? Granted those solos are good stuff, but they would've been better in power metal/NWOBHM songs. You don't open an album with such a weak track. A 4/4 and a boring bassline with that stupid ass "ooh-ooh-ooh" doesn't make it psychedelic. Pathetic.

Second track just started.... Boy I'm not in a good place any more. The fuck is that synth? the fuck are those risers and build-ups? 1 every 10 seconds! The rest is just boring KBB and that solo.

That's it, I'm out. I'm not gonna listen to this shit anymore

Talamasca should just stop.

• Haha 2

Of course, this isn't the usual psytrance, but he has created his own subgenre in a way, and that I commend! He's being creative, which I can't say for most psytrance producers these days. I like his recent releases - they're uplifting, cheesy but not too cheesy (very subjective topic though) and extremely good production quality - perfect car music. :)

4 hours ago, Squid said:

I was a bit ironic when I posted this. It's offensive stuff indeed and given the fact that it comes from one of the veterans in the genre, makes it even more pathetic. 

My most sincere apologies, the sarcasm flew way way over my head there :)

2 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

what subgenre would that be?

You don't have to give names to everything, right?
I mean, Infected Mushroom have essentially done the same. It started with psy/goa and then developed into whatever it is that they've been doing in the past decade. Same for Talamasca, which I'd call a strange mix of uplifting/epic trance and full-on psytrance. I don't know what to compare it to exactly, that's why I'd call it an own subgenre of sorts.

Oh, I just always thought Talamasca was mostly derivative full-on. Early stuff sounded like the rest of the 3D Vision catalog, which all was essentially French full-on. Some good shit in there, a lot of mediocrity. Definitely had its place within a set but could never stomach a full set of only that sound (I guess I essentially feel that way about all music though)...

Talamasca took on a more Astrix and Skazi vibe as his music went on. More cheese, less depth from the earlier stuff.

His music isn't terrible, I just don't think it's that unique or special; definitely not creating his own subgenre level of worthiness.

Why is it you guys like to talk about music you don't like instead giving the attention to something that's worth your while?

It's just silly how many great releases get totally discarded and then the only topic that has any replies, on the biggest psyforum of this planet, is about something that is derivative/bad.

• Like 2

Hey mate,
I appreciate you saying something and addressing this.

I typically stay out of topics that don't interest me and have a history of only writing positive reviews of music because I never saw the need of trying to dissuade someone from enjoying something that they enjoy. It not being my cup of tea doesn't mean others can't enjoy it. So I really do appreciate your criticism of the conversation.

That said, I was simply curious as to what genre was being created. From a purely categorical perspective, I was curious. GMS, and Infected Mushroom are acts I'm not entirely fond of but completely appreciate that they have defined sounds and I recognize that. I just never viewed Talamasca as being like that. Maybe I'm wrong, and that's entirely possible, but that's what I was commenting on and was trying to unpack. Not that someone shouldn't like the music. Just trying to understand the context of it. Maybe Talamasca _IS_ the 3D Vision sound and maybe he created that, but that hasn't been my perspective thus far. I was asking because I was wondering if I'm wrong about things...

11 hours ago, Oopie said:

Why is it you guys like to talk about music you don't like instead giving the attention to something that's worth your while?

It's just silly how many great releases get totally discarded and then the only topic that has any replies, on the biggest psyforum of this planet, is about something that is derivative/bad.

Controversy gets people talking. Just how it goes on the internet.

14 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

Maybe Talamasca _IS_ the 3D Vision sound and maybe he created that

they (they were two people back then) were certainly there from the beginning and together with absolum and nomad defined the 3d vision sound (and therefore much of the fullon that came afterwards). indeed, the guys who founded 3d vision were talamasca, absolum and nomad.

but afterwards (starting with made in trance) it was just increasingly commercial me-too fullon.