Childhood immunisation

Serious topic here people. Childhood immunisations. Where do you stand?

I hear more and more people taking pride of how they haven't given any immunisations to their children. And since Psy culture is, well, alternative, I want to hear your opinions.

And if you are against it what made you change (or make) your mind, based on what evidence, are you the least worried you made the wrong decision etc etc. 

Please also state whether you have children or not, it adds a bit of weight :).

And to give you a bit of background for me, I have an MSc in Molecular Biology and currently undertaking a PhD so I am pro-immunisation :) 

On 7/1/2018 at 8:09 AM, Veracohr said:

Anti-vaccine attitudes are stupid, plain and simple.

Well, I wouldn't say stupid since they are based on a reasoning. However, whether that reasoning has any validity, that's what I would like to discuss :)

2 hours ago, technosomy said:

while i understand why some vacinate

the high levels of aluminium, all sorts of dna and what ever other stuff found in them is unnecessary

Not just some, the vast majority, at least in developed countries.

That stuff have a clearly defined reason for being there. I take it you are not immunised then? Am I correct?

One of my biggest problems with the goa trance scene has been its susceptibility for buying into conspiracies and pseudoscience.
I know vaccines are scary, but they've been vetted and are far more safe than getting the plague.
New theories suggest the increased rates of autism are, not because of the rise of vaccines but, due to the processed foods, sugars, and grains. Not processed as in GMO tomatoes, but the refined sugars and flours. Our guts control so much of our mind and body that when we take in a bunch of rubbish, and pass that down to our young, it fucks with them. Change the diet, change the mind.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

Well, I wouldn't say stupid since they are based on a reasoning. However, whether that reasoning has any validity, that's what I would like to discuss :)

Not just some, the vast majority, at least in developed countries.

That stuff have a clearly defined reason for being there. I take it you are not immunised then? Am I correct?

i was when i was a child

my kids are not

after having a friends child lose arms and legs from meningitis, proved and compensated from vacine

nephew who can no longer walk after hpv vacine

not to mention everybody around me in the work place dropping like flies with severe infuenza and pneumonia from the latest flu vaccine here in australia

will take our chances

I think the concern over vaccine quality should be separated from the basic argument for vaccination. Obviously such unintended consequences are bad, but (not knowing any numbers off the top of my head), I'd be surprised if the percentage was very high.

• 3 months later...

for the typical recommended vaccines, your chances for contracting long term issues (or serious short term complications) from a vaccine is about 1/1000 of your chances for contracting the same thing by the disease. the data is very clear.

if you don't do your part in eliminating diseases we could actually eradicate in a few years (such as measles), i wish you would have been born in a time when you had the choice to accept or decline the smallpox shot.

msc in biochem and pharmaceutical chemistry here.