5adfe21eee8cb_psydep.jpg.7a7312f8f2a45f1f23d9afe3a95e9723.jpg

Artists: Various

Title: psychedelic Depths

Label : Manifold Studios and Ektoplazm

Release: 2018

Tracklist: -

01 - Cybered & Opsy - Chidlren Of Paradise (138 BPM)
02 - Sulima - Cybertech (141 BPM)
03 - Manifold - Time For The Heist (142 BPM)
04 - Cybered & Sulima - Sweaty Brains (140 BPM)
05 - Himmelkompass - Fabula (135 BPM)
06 - Cold Project - All Of The Stuff (137 BPM)
07 - Faxi Nadu & Algae Bloom - Deep Rescue (130 BPM)
08 - Mediatek - Joolsoon (130 BPM)
09 - Spatial Feature - Jankia (132 BPM)
10 - Quite-K - Echoes (132 BPM)

Oh look it's Ektoplazm, let’s see what 2018 has had them bring to us.

Darkpsy, hi-tech, full-on, techno, techtrance, techtrance.

Techtrance it is.

The Russian Manifold Studio and Ektoplazm team up to give us a compilation of spicy zesty music. The comp starts fast ranging from 138 all the way up to 142 (WOAH!). I don’t listen to a lot of techtrance so i can’t say if it’s unique or not but it certainly has a strong psychedelic edge, very smooth transitions and really cool progression. Each song takes you somewhere different but vaguely familiar (Think energy charged dreamscapes) . Tracks 5 - 10 slow it right down but still reach the extra techy biosphere. Faxi Nadu is a nice surprise, teaming up with Algae Bloom to drop it down to 130 bpm.

Most tracks are pretty dark and made for long drives down computer generated, electroluminescent polygonic roads. Like Tron, or that highway in the Netherlands. Take your pick.

Depending on what you like i’m sure a song or two will stand out here, for me it was the faster 1st half of the comp.

If this is what a Russian takeover sounds like, i’m not objecting yet. I grant it four hammer and sickles ☭☭☭☭

You can get it free via Ektoplazm or Name your Price over at Bandcamp

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/psychedelic-depths

https://manifoldstudio.bandcamp.com/album/psychedelic-depths

• Like 1

Wøy thanks for attracting attention to this release, I did not know of it and immediately when I saw the name Cybered I knew this should be good, and your review concurs + the track list like Himmelkompass on it looks/sounds good. For me Cybered was the one who modernized The Delta's "Send In" album sound, with his Acid Box album which is highly recommended for the Delta hungry hippos. Getting this now. I might just edit this post later to have it include a review. ( .... )

I saw the words "Cybered" and "techtrance" and thought to myself, "oh nice, this should be good".
Well, it wasn't, especially with a lineup like that. More like mind numbingly boring, and what's this silly attempt at creating yet another psy micro genre? "Psydeeptrance", yeah, that sounds just fantastic doesn't it?

• 8 months later...

nice compilation, even if we don't find "a brand new style" or something "which might differ from what you are used to hearing", the Techtrance fans might enjoy here something like i did

the first 4 tracks come from Cybered and Sulima (together: Manifold) and while they are not amongst the best from these guys,  they deliver typical stuff: pumping beats and eerie atmospheres. my highlight is no.3 - greetings to the Delta and Spirallianz !! ;)

the middle section i found forgettable, nice parts here and there but too soft and uninteresting if you started in a Cybered Tunnel

the last two tracks are enjoyable, Jankia is weird and challenging but fortunately not too excessive, Echoes is a smooth closer

so: why is there no more like this?