Juno Reactor - The Mutant Theatre [Metropolis]

From the back streets of London to Hollywood blockbusters of the Matrix, Juno Reactor's story is ever evolving. Ben Watkins aka Juno Reactor is constantly exploring new areas visually & musically, evidenced by the new album “The Mutant Theatre” (also the name of the new live extravaganza). "The Mutant Theatre" is a resounding achievement from one of trance's most innovative, pioneering artists.

a4219006367_10.jpg

https://junoreactor.bandcamp.com/album/the-mutant-theatre

BTW, they've uploaded most of their discography to Bandcamp: https://junoreactor.bandcamp.com/music

I heard him in play in Belgium 2 weeks and I have to be honest. This was the most shitty set from a classic artist I heard in my life. Vini Vici kicks and sounds and guitars on top of it. I went to sleep in my car... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anoebis said:

I heard him in play in Belgium 2 weeks and I have to be honest. This was the most shitty set from a classic artist I heard in my life. Vini Vici kicks and sounds and guitars on top of it. I went to sleep in my car... 

Have you heard koxbox non-retro sets? He visited Finland a few weeks ago and it was the most un-inspired live set I've ever heard. Didn't even play anything from the 2015 album.

On 4/29/2018 at 10:43 PM, Anoebis said:

Yeah, I've seen the full live 4 or 5 times since Ozora 2009, and it's been getting progressively worse every time, with Boom 2014 being not much more than a joke; you could clearly see that the musicians on stage had no fucking idea what the others were doing and over all the whole gig just sounded like shit. I remember Ben Watkins stating somewhere that he "doesn't believe in rehearsing". Well that was more than apparent there.
I'll stick to listening to the albums instead.

I'm just glad that I got to see JR live while Ben was still supported by African-tribe members... and singer from Labyrinth album.
It was I think 2008 and promotion of Gods&Monsters album (which was awful and luckily only 3 songs from that crap were played live).

Bonus was that it was concert with Laibach, so it was not a festival set, but full 2+ hour experience (Laibach 1,5h) - and combo songs with Laibach (God is God)

This now really sound like digital shit..................

34 minutes ago, Deimos said:

It was I think 2008 and promotion of Gods&Monsters album (which was awful and luckily only 3 songs from that crap were played live).

very good album and i think juno reactor are the most talented band i have ever heard in the psytrance scene 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Juno Reactor are playing at DEFCON in Vegas this summer in the USA.

I vend at that every summer, so I'll be going. I doubt it'll be as awesome as the Bible of Dreams tour, but I'm not gonna give up all hope just yet

10 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

Juno Reactor are playing at DEFCON in Vegas this summer in the USA.

I vend at that every summer, so I'll be going. I doubt it'll be as awesome as the Bible of Dreams tour, but I'm not gonna give up all hope just yet

If they bomb then no problem, the hardstyle will wipe the memory from your brain. ;O

Only 1 listen but I found this album remarkable. These guys are in a different league.

Return of the pistolero was a pleasant surprise :) 

A new Juno Reactor album and it gets hardly noticed on good old Psynews :(  .. 2018  -_-

On 6/27/2018 at 6:08 AM, Manuser said:

Only 1 listen but I found this album remarkable. These guys are in a different league.

Return of the pistolero was a pleasant surprise :) 

A new Juno Reactor album and it gets hardly noticed on good old Psynews :(  .. 2018  -_-

Exactly.

Really good album. I like how after all those years they still sound like them, with those song-like arrangements, movie-like chord progressions, really tasteful use of singing and simple but innovative and unique sound design.

They're still at the top of their game, and - for me at least - this might be their best album yet. I really loved the "classic" Beyond the Infinite or Bible of Dreams, but I always had problem with those albums being really uneven, with some awesome tracks and some that I could barely take... This, on the other hand, is equal quality start to finish, although obviously few tracks stand out, like the "Let's Turn On" or "The Sky Is Blue, The Sky Is Black".

Highly recommended!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 2:15 AM, antic604 said:

I really loved the "classic" Beyond the Infinite or Bible of Dreams, but I always had problem with those albums being really uneven, with some awesome tracks and some that I could barely take...

Oh mang...

Bible of Dreams is a perfect album.
Same with Beyond the Infinite.

I will say that both albums had parts which weren't immediately my favorites but grew on me with time and I love more and more as the years have passed; but those are perfect albums.