Sign in to follow this  
RTP

your favourite mixes (DJ / live)

RTP    31

Hey,

just thought I'd share my favourites with you when it comes to mixes. Largely a list for me to archive them, I don't wanna do this on YT as it's across different styles. I searched if we have a thread, but didn't find one!
As it's EDM mixes in general, it doesn't fit into "general Psytrance".

1)

(Eric Prydz - Essential Mix 2013)
I love this mix because the tracks are so skillfully merged you can't tell the difference. For example from minute 11 onwards.
I have yet to find something better. Hands down the best mix I know ... and I can't believe I was skeptical about Eric in earlier days because he was "commercial" ... have to thank Lemmi for mentioning Pryda once, I'd not have discovered him otherwise (Pryda = Eric :) )

If you got any recommendations for any similar mixes, I'd be pleased to hear.

2)

(Atmos - Bacardi Tour 08)
A few years ago (yes, years unfortunately) Atmos had three mixes on his soundcloud page. They were all great, but this one stuck the most with me. Really like it, many good tracks. Atmos is a genius.

3)

(Miss Monique)
I picked this one for track selection. Some people in the comments criticize her knob touching ... but I don't care because her selection of tracks is really good. I discover something fresh with her all the time.

4)

As the next one I'd have loved to link to "S-Range live at the DNA lounge" but unfortunately it seems to have been taken down and it's nowhere to be found online :P
Since the rest mixes of S-Range on youtube aren't that great, I won't point you to another one. Loved the DNA Lounge mix...

So then I pick this one:

(Miss Kittin)
The mix is damaged, it has a period of only the left speaker, but the track selection makes up for it. I really like it, the middle part where she sings - right after "Baby's On Fire" - is awesome ... that is exactly what I'm after. Big atmosphere.

5)

(Anthony Rother)
Of all the sets, this seems to be the only one that deserves the statement "live". I love it. 

5)

I like this, because it contains the band Abiogeneseis as strong reference for me to buy their album already as they are the only ones I know makeing really similar music to Carbon Based Lifeforms -- and with that, I mean the OLD Carbon Based Lifeforms ... acid ambient, not the drone stuff they do nowadays. Magnificent, also the other tracks!

GhostOnAcid    17

The Live Performance of Anthony Rother is really cool. The second track is cool. :-) In the last EB.TV Tech Talk he shows his studio. :-)

Hmm.. in the psybient-set you can hear "Clouds" by Carbon Based Lifeforms @45min and this track is on their last album "Delericts". ;-) And they also do Acid Ambient.

RTP    31

Yes, Anthony is great ... I save the studio talk video for later, definitely have to watch it, but I'll do it with proper focus. Love what he's doing.

Yes, CBL have "a bit" returned to the acidic soundscapes with their last album, but it's by far not the same as the old stuff. I like old CBL -- their sound was warmer ... not so cold ... and kinda sad.

Grayling    6

I hadn't listened to this for sixteen years until today. Totally excellent dark progressive house/trance tracks, and a mix that really goes on a journey.