Elysium Box Set

thanosp81

I was wondering if people would be willing to buy/pledge towards an Elysium Box Set in the same vein as the previous Digital Reprints releases. That would include his live versions, the EP's and maybe a couple of unreleased. That would be 3 cds with the option of a 4th with downtempo material. For me Kristian is one of the best Goa artists ever and his live versions are mind blowing and long have I been dreaming of having those on a physical format. However I am aware with the issues in his Kickstarter campaign. The big difference is that this one would be run by me, having already secured the Files before starting the project.

So my main question I guess is would ppl feel inclined to "punish" him for not delivering (yet) what he promised or would your priority be the music?

I love the idea but 1st of all I'm pretty broke and second of all I already own a few Elysium albums, both originals and some Downloaded legally. And Im not That fanatic about his music to help support such a project (im really broke this time around). This goes for much of Thinning's respectful work. Like and respect it a lot, but dont overly love it. technosomy what do you mean "cant be trusted", that's a horrible thing to read knowing him personally the way I do/did. He is very much a person and artist to be trusted. Kind person. Stubborn in his, and open with his. Sure, some in depth arguments here on psynews (good,, lets discuss and elaborate, ask questions instead of assuming, have your opinion. The web is free for that), and some hatred towards the Israeli scene and politics. Out side those 2 points from my view, Elysium is to be trusted. No doubt. 

Peace to the world. Tralala-la-la. Its no joke. War.

5 hours ago, technosomy said:

over 100 views and no response.... yeah prob

the guy just can't be trusted bro

such a fall from grace

Yeah, I understand that, but it has nothing to do with trust. The tracks will be available on my Bandcamp page before the Kickstarter starts for preview (as with all my projects).

10 minutes ago, psytones said:

technosomy what do you mean "cant be trusted",

He is referring on his funding project for his new album, an album that he still hasn't released. Although he is adamant it will be.

Anyway, these are thoughts are for the future since there are already 2 Psychill artists that have agreed for a box set with Digital Reprints :) oh, and a compilation at some point :) 

In terms of the "can't be trusted" mentioned above. I know of 3 instances (events) were I was present and he hasn't showed up.

2017 ZNA, he was supposed to play together with Jean Borelli and he didn't (don't really know why). The other 2 were smaller events in Greece.

Most people that speak with him online say that he's not easy to work with and not trystworthy (actually they say much worse things...)

Long ago, when he made available most (all?) his music under different projects too available digitally free I submitted it all to discogs. Whenever I had a question I used to pm him on FB and he always got back quickly. For example, we would not have known this curiosity wasn't for him. Since quite some time he de-friended me though.

I think that a 3cd with elysium music would be great and also the live material is really good. My only concern would be if people are willing to pay for this release when all the files were available for free before. In the case of cosmosis, his tracks were never given out for free.. But i would love to have it on cd for sure. 

45 minutes ago, draeke said:

I think that a 3cd with elysium music would be great and also the live material is really good. My only concern would be if people are willing to pay for this release when all the files were available for free before. In the case of cosmosis, his tracks were never given out for free.. But i would love to have it on cd for sure. 

True, the same case was with Globular though, all his material is for free, however there are still enough people that like their music printed (like me).

Time will tell :)