Morphic Resonance - Perplexity [Suntrip]

Morphic Resonance is back with his second solo album! A must for all lovers of darkish, ominous, acidic, dirty old school goa-trance! 

The first album of Cristian Fernandez, aka Morphic Resonance, called "The City of Moons" was voted as the best album of the year on Psynews, and his Pleiadians Remix album on DAT Records gained a lot of attention as well. In this sequel you will hear more of his magic! Smashing kicks and basslines, acidic melodies, industrial distortion and a high amount of psychedelic effects will bring you into another dimension! 

The beautiful artwork was made by Rodolpho Morais from Brasil and mastering is by Tim Schuldt, another master of industrial influenced psychedelic trance!

a0140245714_10.jpg

https://suntriprecords1.bandcamp.com/album/perplexity

BTW, I'm really puzzled as to why is Suntrip giving Arabesque Dist. a head-start on announcing and opening pre-orders for their stuff? It's not the first time and it's bad for business, as I suspect label & artist(s) get much smaller cut from sales via intermediary.

Add pre-orders finally to your Bandcamp page! :angry: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, antic604 said:

Add pre-orders finally to your Bandcamp page! :angry:

I understand the notion of preorders for physical sales, it gives you a head start on shipping so you can get your copy sooner. It also guarantees you a copy in case of limited releases. I also understand it for digital games, gives you enough time to download and install huge files so you'll be able to play the second it gets released. But on digital files (why do we call them digital again? :P) what's the fuss. You won't be able to listen to or download them before the release date anyway. 

1 minute ago, thanosp81 said:

But on digital files (why do we call them digital again? :P) what's the fuss.

Two reasons:

1) It's easy to forget that something you waited for is out - if you pre-order, you get it immediately when it's made accessible and you get a notification,

2) People mostly don't care about (or even understand) the difference between buying straight from the label or through a intermediary - they'll get it wherever they saw it first, whereas financially obviously it makes a difference,

So yeah, there's no 'fuss' about it but it's five minutes of work to set up a pre-order on Bandcamp

3 minutes ago, antic604 said:

if you pre-order, you get it immediately when it's made accessible and you get a notification,

Don't you get a notification when the status changes from pre-order to released? Not sure.

4 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

Don't you get a notification when the status changes from pre-order to released? Not sure.

Yes, that's what I said - I get the notification. I'm not sure the same is the case if I don't actually go through with the pre-order.

Anyway, it's a moot point. I'm raising this topic because it's for the benefit of the label & artists: it's better to direct the traffic to your own profile, rather than someone else's. 

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot think of a Goa album (let alone ALBUM) that I'm looking forward to more this year than Perplexity by Morphic Resonance.

The sequel to my kind of album just released. Few nitpicks aside, City of Moons is AWESOME.. it's so DARK, EXCITING, and EDGY... SLEEK and EVOLVING... INFECTIOUS and POWERFUL... hmmm.. kind of like THANOS in Infinity Wars!!!!! :P :)

• Like 1

Im hearing a lot of MFG in this. Just listened through the whole thing. Its excellent and more mature than I thought possible considering his chaotic style.

• Thanks 1

First impressions

"Cristian Fernandez here. City of Moons was a warm up. Now I'm getting serious. Try to beat that bitches".

Ok he did not actually say that but that's how it feels to me. So yes, this album is an absolute MONSTER. I can't imagine a better release for 2018.

2 hours ago, Penzoline said:

This album is fucking wack.

Don't think anyone has ever pulled off such a hellish vibe in goatrance before.

Rumors say some weird occult rituals was involved in this one. This stuff is pure evil and yes, Cristian is officially, 100% the new antichrist.

Not as memorable as the first album, some good parts but kind of clunky and very anti climactic. 

Still miles ahead in the neo goa scene, but a big step back from anything exciting, at least in my book. 

On 5/2/2018 at 10:33 PM, Void Mantra said:

Rumors say some weird occult rituals was involved in this one. This stuff is pure evil and yes, Cristian is officially, 100% the new antichrist.

I actually take that back a little, I forgot Cybernetika - Scythe Of Orion which is pretty resembling of this album in some ways with the hellish atmosphere. Definitely not as much, but very similar. Then again it's more psytrance than goa that album. :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 12:14 PM, U.F.Orb said:

Not as memorable as the first album, some good parts but kind of clunky and very anti climactic. 

Still miles ahead in the neo goa scene, but a big step back from anything exciting, at least in my book. 

My thoughts exactly.