our own take at "Goa": Skeletone - On the Run For The White

RTP

Ok, this is not exactly new anymore ... but it has not been posted yet ... and since I am the one in charge to be the promoter of our group (yes, I am in fact half of it, so "OUR" is the correct term here), I may use the current situation (we will bring out something new soon ;) ) to "heat the oven" a bit for the new stuff and get you interested by promoting our first album.

We are Skeletone ... that's a friend of mine - who's an experienced music producer who has also other projects such as Foxhole and being part of the metal band Windwaker - and me, going by the name RTP here. He's the technically experienced producer behind the steering wheel, I am more the motivated inspiration sitting by the side and giving the directions ... and together we make music!

We got tired of Goatrance not being the way we like it. So we created our own. That's the story ... or well, it's the INITIAL story, because the plan back then was to do Goatrance or Psytrance - but we did something more than that. We drifted off left and right ... but we've always stayed in the vicinity of Psytrance or Trance in general - at least with our first album "On the Run for the White".

That's it:

Do me a favor, give it a spin and leave me a comment on how you like it. Requests, tips, whatever ... or even if it's not "Goa" at all to you and you just wanna vent that in a constructive manner ... all welcome :) 

If you like it, you can drop by on soundcloud to listen to two more tracks as teaser for the new upcoming stuff: click me to get to our Soundcloud profile

Oh god I have procrastrinated (if that's even spelled correctly) this so much, I wanted to write such a great press text here, like my reviews, remember? I love writing ... could say so much ... such as how overused the word "Goa" is and that I purposefully used this term inthis post even though clearly some of that is not "Goa" to make an artsy-fartsy statement ... But now I sit here churning those few words out so that I get the post out before another month is down the line ... it's been like this for a bit now, bear with me. I'll at least try to read the comments. Because the music is good, to my ears, really, it's as good as it can get on "beginner level", which is where we are at I'd say, at least for my part and at least with this album ... none of us had any production experience with edm before!

I should be hiring NHJOHYENNRO as our promoter - he'd do a better job than me. Watch out, one day I'm gonna do it!

Greets and feel free to share

RTP

• 7 months later...

Hey RTP,

I finally got around to listening to Arche Goa. I like the idea, 'If you don't like something do it the way you like'.

The track was pretty steady, I wouldn't say a certified banger (Yet) but the progression and melody is pretty nice. Even as I listen to First Encounter I still have the melody in my head. I'm not good at critiquing so I'll keep it short, I felt the rawness of the leads was a little mucho, but I like the style in general and think the production is pretty neat.

Ok I just finished First Encounter is it me or are their some volume issues going on? Otherwise I would say a way more polished cleaner track. I like this one a lot.

On another note, get back to writing reviews. 

• 2 months later...

Hey Tsotsi - thanks and cheers. We appreciate that you took a listen.
Yes our production has not been spot on all times ... learning by doing :D
I have found out that in the studio of my mate we use the same speakers as Astral Projection in their studio video though ... so the hardware seems to be there...

If you check back, you will find out that there is some new stuff ... first there was Trump(ets) ... ;) ... and then we tried some more new elements out and experimented a lot, my mate was keen to use some vocals for example ... we only had some cheesy ones lying around for the Better Things track ... but we think it has become something cool, although not as goa anymore as you might think. And then there's the Dubster Interference where we used - the title says it - dubstep ... and discovered how actually damn quick and easy it is to do such dubstep things, no wonder why it's become so popular ... fortunately these experiments are not taking the upper hand over the main purpose though, which is "if we don't like stuff, we try making our own": I think we still have some great tunes there ... even if some of them are "not so goa" anymore.