Abraxas - Inner Worlds [Future Music]

Abraxas is a brand new collaboration between two veteran Psytrance music producers: Billy Cosmosis & Eric Quantica. 

Abraxas' fuses the two approaches of Cosmosis & Quantica to create a newer, deeper psychedelic landscape, keeping it trippy but with a phatter, funkier grooves and exploring the chunkier sonic territory possible in the slightly slower tempo ranges.

a0277957527_10.jpg

https://cosmosis.bandcamp.com/album/inner-worlds

8 hours ago, Padmapani said:

so this is why we haven't heard much from Cosmosis lately. and to be honest i don't hear anything other than cosmosis' style in these samples. this is quality fullon.

Well, I HOPE he has more coming soon under proper Cosmosis name. I mean this is a fine progressive full-on, but it feels very constrained, held back almost. There are some great ideas and exquisite moments, but they don't allow the tracks to unfold, to transform into something fuller and complete. At the end of each I feel unfulfilled. It's very reminiscent of Bill's minimalistic "phase" in mid-2000's and as such it's not surprising to hear a lot of samples, loops and sounds from his "Intergalactic" and "Trancendance" albums and Mumbo Jumbo side-project, sprinkled with some newer bits from his collaborations with Hypnocoustics. On the plus side, I like how diverse it is (comparing to contemporary "albums", not the typical old-school full-length) and one has to appreciate the craftsmanship that pokes through, made even more apparent by the low(ish) tempo - it does sound "Cosmosis" through and through. Also, props to Bill for bringing it himself to Bandcamp, because Future Music refuses to acknowledge it as a valid music distribution platform, sticking to the dreaded Beatport...

It might yet grow on me, but for now it's a strong 3/5 or weak 4/5.