SubConsciousMind - Symphonies of Life (Ektoplazm)

Ektoplazm is happy to present a new album by Swiss musician SubConsciousMind. 

Symphonies of Life, his fifth full-length release, explores different aspects of the human experience: Patience, Truth, Consciousness, Destruction, Love, Creation, Beauty, Humility, and Trust.

This is an album that reveals its true intensity the more you listen to it. Every time you hear it another theme might resonate with your inner world, or new revelations may come to pass. One day a theme may not get through to you, another day it will open up an emotional world without description. Keep this in your playlist, let it be part of your life, and the beauty of this musical artwork will unfold even more over time.

Just two clicks away for free:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/subconsciousmind-symphonies-of-life

http://www.subconsciousmind.ch

• Like 5

The best release I've come across in 2018. Very deep, melodic but without cheese, psychedelic with a touch of morning euphoria. Very well produced to boot. For me it's much better than most today's commercial releases. Huge thanks for sharing this (especially for free) and I hope to hear more music from you in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26.3.2018 at 4:42 PM, antic604 said:

Thanks for the heads up! I loved Intermezzo XT and I'm off to d/l and listen to this one.

If @SubConsciousMind you'd consider putting your music on Bandcamp, I'd gladly purchase it <3

Thank you :)
There is an indigogo campaign to cover that: https://goo.gl/obL7FL

@recursion loop Thank you! :) I'm glad you like it. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2018 at 6:42 AM, the goa constrictor said:

I really liked Intermezzo Extended as well!
http://goaconstrictor.com/music-reviews/subconsciousmind-intermezzo-extended/

Looking forward to hearing the new stuff =)

Hey Adam/Goaconstrictor I only now realized that it was you who wrote that review last time. I must tell you, your review played a significant role in keeping me making music! Thank you very much again! You are part of Symphonies of Life :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Iam to lazy to write a big review, because it is to hot in Berlin.. haha! Maybe later...

But i like the album really much. The sounddesign is modern and smooth, but it has also his harsher moments (acid!) ;-) The work on the melodies are great. There are complex, catchy and subtle. I played "Creation" at Antaris-Festival as my last track of my set. It was the perfect ending with his morning-feeling and hard acid-riffs. People love it! :-)

I like the concept of the album with the connection to live and spirituality.

The only small point i dont like that much is the bass. Maybe its to fullon to me, because the bass sounds through the album similar for my ears. ;-)

But all in all a great album and one of the best this year so far.

I give 9/10!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey GhostOnAcid!
Thank you very much for your review! :) I'm very happy to hear you liked it. And it's an honour to have been part of Antaris thanks to you! I really appreciate that.

I think I can understand what you say about the Bass. I did indeed go for a more homegenous bass through the whole Album compared to my former release intermezzo extended. It is a deliberate choice since I noticed that during my sets too many people get confused with too much ryhthmical and melodic variation in the bass. The majority of listeners are used to either off-beat or gallop, everything else is "complicated".
In my opinion, compared to what is played at partys normally my basslines are still a lot more diverse. ;) For example: There is a lot of melody going on, more than in pretty much any style imho :-) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been listening to new trance for the last 5 or so hours, and this is one that I've kept on from beginning to end. I'm very excited to hear another Ektoplazm release that's finished downloading, but I'm going to wait until I'm done listening to this one. That's at least until the first play-through is complete. Definitely a goldmine of melody, a nice smooth sound with lots of ASMR going on from start to finish. Very aesthetically pleasing. Very notable is Consciousness... that one really got me in a good mood. I don't do star ratings, but 5* for sure!

• Like 1