Dark Soho - Hybrid [Out now!]

Good things come to those who wait. After a decade long absence, Dark Soho, the legendary Dark and Gothic Psytrance project from Israel returns with a full 8 track album on BMSS Records. 

Hybrid is, as the name suggests, a sonic synthesis of industrial sounds, Gothic atmospheres, herculean basses and signature crunchy guitar riffs that hover over profound emotions. 

Collaborations featuring Orpheus, Originals and a remix by No Comment are part of this long over due release! Behold the resurrection! Let The Games Begin!

https://bmssrecords.bandcamp.com/album/hybrid

https://www.beatport.com/release/hybrid/2208725

This was unexpected! They are so talented and were one of the most interesting artists when it comes to dark psytrance, thanks for sharing! Quick listen of one track and unfortunately there is this cliche bassline which I don't like... will try to listen to all tracks though but not that enthusiastic now. 

• 1 year later...

Interesting timing.. Today I felt drawn to hearing their disappointing third album again. That's when I saw on YouTube that they released a 4th THIS album not too long ago. 

Pressing play (past intro), the opening track has such a repetitive beat, baseline, and synth that I was turned off until the promising sound/melody segment halfway through. Then they completely botch it by taking the music in a completely unexpected, disappointingly direction. This is not where I desired the song to go, and it's repetitive!  

In short, this album is not on the same level of quality as Sun Spot and Cumbustion. It's like Terminator 3+4, etc., at this point. The classic legendary Dark Soho is not what it once was! It's a HELL-U-VA lot better than the shit storm of the last album though. But still does little to engage me like their first two albums.