kraftwerk 3d tour

Trunksan

Went to the Athens show last week. It was good, interesting. Wouldn't go again but had to pay my respects!

An one you would expect. Very flat (no climaxes, ups and downs), very neat, organised but still impressice. The 3D projections are really a marketing gimmick, it gets tiring very quickly so I used the glasses very little.
I knew what to expect and it was just as I thought it would be. A lot of people were complaining that there was no emotion, no climax, no progression. 

Of course you dummies.....it's Kraftwerk. Even the name suggests it (Kraftwerk = power station). How do you expect a German power station to be? Full of adventure and surprises? No, it's 100% organised, sterilsed and efficient.

As I often say about Techno and Electronica. A lot of times it's like f@cking without cuming.

16514081_303.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing. They will come to Austria too and I'm definitely planning to go. Seen them already but so what, I am a big fan of them, so I think I'll go if the ticket prices are payable. I love their organized concerts and their professional approach ... no cheers, waves, not even many looks into the crowd. It differs a lot of the picture one nowadays has of artists, that they're always smiling and being communicative and taking selfies with the crowd ... oh well, f'ck that, Kraftwerk's not like that and I love them for being like they are. They bring back a little bit of the feeling like it was, also in our scene. Nobody gave such a big fuss about the artists ... cool to see them, but they're not the center of the universe. Now it's all hype ... don't need that. At Kraftwerk's concerts I can be in peace and concentrate on the music, I can also be there alone and feel not awkward (used to go alone to concerts frequently, nowadays not anymore so). I'm not even going for the visuals (the 3D visuals are in fact pretty poor if the'yre the same as last time, which I believe they will be - still got the glasses from last time) or to see them as persons, I'm rather just going because I want to hear their music in proper volume :D 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 2:32 AM, RTP said:

I'm rather just going because I want to hear their music in proper volume

They tour with a very nice D&B soundsystem (German of course) but for the Athens venue it definetley wasn't enough, the stadium was very big. It was very clear but for sure they needed a stronger system. A lot of people were complaining about it but I think they wanted more of a party experience, which is definetely not what you get at a Kraftwerk concert.

Thanks for the info ... their concert in Austria wil be open air too ... so I know what to expect. I'll not take expensive tickets then :D