Label: Sentimony Records
Release: 2 January 2018

Tracklist:
1. Multiplexer
2. Alien Controlled Human Exterminator
3. Fornax Cluster
4. Warper-mutator
5. Weird Species

Sentimony records really summed this release up better than I ever could.

"The release name came from nowhere and the dick knows what it is, but it will all fuck us out :)

Get it now and have fun! "

It fucked me out the first time I heard it.

It's nice to see Goa artists step outside of the comfort zone of traditional 4 on the floor structures and just let loose with their tools. only 3 songs here are really Goa, the other 2 are more Break Beat, sloa styled fuck knows what (Like the track titles).... But they're interesting to say the least. Oh and quite good.

1. Multiplexer - Our journey begins a pretty radical baseline, simple but radical. The track plods along nicely reaching what we could call some sort of climax around the last act of the song. This EP is clearly gonna get points for standing out from what has been released recently.

2. Alien Controlled Human Exterminator - A bouncier track with analog leads pumping out at us as it goes along. The intensity builds quite nicely as random squelches and sounds keep things interesting. Ufo doesn't over use anything and keeps it fresh.  

3. Fornax Cluster - The most melodic of the tracks so far. Funky baselines, pure analog shooting us into the unexplored dimensions of dirty space. What? you thought space was all magical and pretty. Well Ufomatka proves us wrong here. Acid drenched planets wizz by as our spaceship wipes grime from its windows. Beautiful in its own way.

4. Warper-mutator - Our hyperspace intergalactic travels have flown right down. Stuck now in the grease dripping, uninhabited bogs of another world, Ufomatka continues our journey. Very trippy track, the pa rum pa rum rum of the percussion really stands out for me. Analog AF. 

5. Weird Species - The strangest of the tracks, about as alien as it can get. I feel myself floating through the final canals of our journey. As soon as it appears as though I might make it through to the other side I end up where I started. Looking at this weird species that managed to find itself here, altering synaptic controllers.

Thats it folks. A truly wild and weird ride through Ufomatka's soundscapes. His creativity really stands out here and those of you that love pure rough analog, boy oh boy get a taste of this. While rough around the edges (I believe it was meant to be) you've got something here that really does stand out from what I've heard not only Ufomatka release but other artists in this genre. Keep it up amigo.

https://sentimony.bandcamp.com/album/ufomatka-altering-the-synaptic-controllers

• Like 1

• 7 months later...