music for catwalk....

Im supposed to get the music for a fasion show in 3 days. a mixed cd approx. 1 hour long. Im looking for some progressive house/trance. something quite dark and prefferebly not with a trance-beat.

so do you have any suggestions of tracks?

Id prefer a mixed cd but if i have to i have to mix a cd by myself, and i´m not very good at mixing :)

Guest .:::E.P

LOL bazooko

I also doubt shpongle will fit into that category...

Well try these:

Emou "Still Pretty Good Year" (Freeform)

Haldolium "Be Real" (Freeform)

Trancefeld "Party Center 800" (Sunset Recordings)

They are not the typical trance orieneted progressive and are in my humble opinion very suited for the catwalk... > Great - sometimes dark and sometimes beautiful progressive music :-)

Noticeable, how people are mentioning Shpongle about EVERYTHING in almost all the forums i visit. It's like some people haven't heard, or knows about, anything else...

in example chill-out or ambient questions - people starts to shout about "SHPONGLE" only! everywhere. As if it was the only choice..

I bet if someone asks for good drum&bass or whatever on a psy-forum, those clever ones will mention Shpongle, and nothing else (probably because it's the only artist they've heard with soooome dnb inspired beats at all). Same thing now, "music for catwalk" - Shpongle again... x-0

I'm not talking crap about Shpongle, they're great. But there are plenty of other things going on out there too.

D@mn some of you really need to broaden your horizons!

Hey just relistened to that Emou album and I must admit it would fit very nicely with a catwalk show!! But I guess that by now the catwalk is already over...

and yeah, if you ask me, Shpongle is *way* overrated. It's not even that good compared with all the positive comments.

SMI²LE

thanks for all the input. it helped alot. and it seems like i have to make a mix of my own :( hehe

and shpongle would be good for some type of catwalk. but its going to be very varied and i dont want the music to be a mix of all strange kind of music.

and "stuff"...if you complain about qazzie´s suggestion why dont you come with a better suggestion of your own instead? i wrote this topic to get some help on this question....

Guest bazooko

>>>I mentioned shpongle because i think it would sound good for a catwalk, specially the second one. What's so wrong about that

somebody asked for apples to make a nice applecake. but you offer him oranges. are oranges delicious? hell, yes! do oranges belong in an applecake? ofcorse not!

i just find it strange to recommend shpongle, if he asks for something "dark/progreesive" coz imho that doenst fit shpongle at all.

if its not too late: beat bizzare - pop the question

ok, i have the music now...the catwalk is tomorrow so it was in the last second. again, thanks for all the recomendations everyone, it has helped alot!

noone else but me wanted to do the music for the catwalk so i took on the assignment....but i told them that if they leave me alone on this one noone has anything to say what music i shall use, so suit yourself if you dont like it :) at least its suitible for my clothes hehe

anyway wish me good luck for tomorrow :)