Best synths in psytrance

Ormion

So instead of best melodies let's talk about best synths.  IMO Etnica have the best synthlines of all time. They are so alien and liquid at the same time. They always create a cold, dark green colour in my mind. Vimana in particular.

However I have to propose this track as the best synth of all time.

Not the whole track, but the moment from 04:19 to 04:46. You can hear it again at 05:47.

I don't think I've ever listened to more a psychedelic sound before. Literally a synth straight from a space rift.

Now as I gather you're not talking about _synth line_ itself but rather the texture no?

(As in that one note delayed synth sweep in WT track? :lol:)

I agree with your statement about Etnica. They were able to create such a warm texture on their synthwork, it remains impressive to this very day.  

I tried my best not to mention Hallucinogen here but seems I failed. He's def my #1 guy in that regard. 

That's a good topic! And what answers to await eh :D I have no real good idea of what track (ex.) to link up to answer your question, and I'd like to post a great example of a track when it hits me better. I'm not a synth nerd but do have a friend who had a massive collection but as most of them went away, he now sits on a Korg Extreme 88 tangents + Korg Triton zynter 61 tagents + Access Virus ti2 keyboard + Roland Jupiter-8000. ... damn, have to post 1 track at least... Ok here's one synth I LOVE but donno what actual is; 

@ 07:00 = https://beatspace-nocomment.bandcamp.com/track/nahpoh

It's so thick and delicious. Also, this legendary track uses some kind of the same synth? 
https://firesofork.bandcamp.com/track/talk-to-the-stars   .. just listen from the very start, you've never heard anything as ..

^ha what the .. The Fires of Ork (Ork is Norwegian and means Hassle, "do i have to use energy on this") is on Bandcamp!

I thought maybe my CD would become immense rare, but no, bandcamp to the rescue!! 

On 2/1/2018 at 10:35 PM, Ormion said:

So instead of best melodies let's talk about best synths.  IMO Etnica have the best synthlines of all time. They are so alien and liquid at the same time. They always create a cold, dark green colour in my mind. Vimana in particular.

However I have to propose this track as the best synth of all time.

Not the whole track, but the moment from 04:19 to 04:46. You can hear it again at 05:47.

I don't think I've ever listened to more a psychedelic sound before. Literally a synth straight from a space rift.

I like Wizack Twizack (underrated :)) but I was a bit disappointed with this synth :D It sounds not loud enough so for me it does really stand out from the rest of the layers.

I will post something more classic, one of my favorite synths is this one at 2:57:

The way it comes out is amazing, this is a typical acidic goa synth from the nineties which I personally love. 
Another synth I could post is Phreaky - Tornado, never gets old!

Nice topic indeed ! This one has looads of nice sounding synths, but there's two that always caught my attention. The bubbly synth at 5.05 is really great, very trippy and organic! Also the pad that come in around @7:40 is incredible, so menacing!! 

The melodic lead right after 04:35 is also reaaally nice! So acidic and alien, really rich sound. 

Another synth I absolutely love.

The final synthline starts at 04:25. They could write random melodies and I would still love it.

And of course literally every synth from MFG-Project Genesis album. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ormion said:

Another synth I absolutely love.

The final synthline starts at 04:25. They could write random melodies and I would still love it.

And of course literally every synth from MFG-Project Genesis album. 

Wow, great stuff! It has a dimension of "silliness" or playfullness that I tend to like in psy. Never heard of the artist before but I'll have to check it out...