Paying someone to create the music I need. Possible?

Hello.

Suddenly I realized, why not to try to offer someone a reward (money, gratitude, anything else?) for creating, say, a track that meets my expectations?

I now think why its not a common practice when many people still pay for the music they want? Maybe many also need a surprise, a freshness?

Anyways, is it possible that some serious producer (or even a beginner) will agree to make a track as per my expectations? Maybe you are a beginner and looking for a practice, or a mature producer already and in need of an inspiration or trying something new? 

And what would would you charge?

Basicly, its not something too different. It should be very similar to the creations of, say: Nova Fractal, Artifact 303, E-Mantra, Cybernetika (trance side). To name the modern producer examples.

The main improvement ideas that I need:

- put more pleasure and enjoyment by not breaking down/minimizing the most beautiful parts of the track; maybe, this will require to create a 15min long track or more, but generously sharing the moments of pleasure

- perfectize the overall sound by avoiding using, say, any "evil", "caramel acid", "shaman/tribal", "fart" and other sounds which are often used to fill the gap; try to experiment with idea "less is more" but still having the very rich sound output; carefully choosing those "multilayered" sounds by using something sounding, say, angelic or heavenly and original

- keep the feeling of flying through the whole track

- do not put kicks and bassline, especially kicks, to the front; this may be the most "revolutionary" to the modern production standarts, but in many old Goa tracks it was like that, if I perceived it right

- use the sounds of traditional organic instruments or songs (but not Indian!!)

I will not require the use of all recommendations at once. Maybe, to begin with, try implementing some, which attract you the most.

We can try by making a remix of an existing track of someone else or your own or creating a new one.

Is it ever possible?

1 hour ago, deepXcode said:

Hello.

Suddenly I realized, why not to try to offer someone a reward (money, gratitude, anything else?) for creating, say, a track that meets my expectations?

I now think why its not a common practice when many people still pay for the music they want? Maybe many also need a surprise, a freshness?

Anyways, is it possible that some serious producer (or even a beginner) will agree to make a track as per my expectations? Maybe you are a beginner and looking for a practice, or a mature producer already and in need of an inspiration or trying something new? 

And what would would you charge?

Basicly, its not something too different. It should be very similar to the creations of, say: Nova Fractal, Artifact 303, E-Mantra, Cybernetika (trance side). To name the modern producer examples.

The main improvement ideas that I need:

- put more pleasure and enjoyment by not breaking down/minimizing the most beautiful parts of the track; maybe, this will require to create a 15min long track or more, but generously sharing the moments of pleasure

- perfectize the overall sound by avoiding using, say, any "evil", "caramel acid", "shaman/tribal", "fart" and other sounds which are often used to fill the gap; try to experiment with idea "less is more" but still having the very rich sound output; carefully choosing those "multilayered" sounds by using something sounding, say, angelic or heavenly and original

- do not put kicks and bassline, especially kicks, to the front; this may be the most "revolutionary" to the modern production standarts, but in many old Goa tracks it was like that, if I perceived it right

- use the sounds of traditional organic instruments or songs (but not Indian!!)

I will not require the use of all recommendations at once. Maybe, to begin with, try implementing some, which attract you the most.

We can try by making a remix of an existing track of someone else or your own or creating a new one.

Is it ever possible?

so essentially you want someone to make oldschool Goa? Join the club:P:P:P

1 hour ago, deepXcode said:

It should be very similar to the creations of, say: Nova Fractal, Artifact 303, E-Mantra, Cybernetika (trance side). To name the modern producer examples.

Like I said, it should be very much like the sound of those New School artists, but polished out up to my demands.

For example, lets take Perplexed track by Nova Fractal. It sounds overall pretty pretty much to what I need, but.. why on Earth would it stop in the middle and shout out "CRAZY?!" ? Plus uses the very strange "fly" sound samples which can usually hear near the smelly garbage..

Then, if look on E-Mantra's Approaching Nibiru. It has such an incredibly and originally sounding leads (or how you call them) creating a, say, nearly divine melody but which starts only near to the end and lasts for less than a minute. Its ok to wait for the masterpiece but why to cut it off suddenly and finish it all? Moreover, he lately made a remix on this track of his own, where he just took this most beautiful part it was all about completely off!

About the same goes to Cybernetika's Molecular Probe. Here we also have a very nice melody but just for a few dozens of seconds closer to the end. I accept that this may be a part of the 'cynematic' sound style, but what if I want to enjoy that melody fully?

If we're take Artifact303, well, I'd say it has too much 'cheese' alongside with something really good.

And those are the basics, not mentioning like making the kicks sounding less louder, adding traditional and (or) organic instruments and some very much more original electronic sounds.

The very recent Triquetra's Gate to Happiness, for instance, has a flute sound and really a lot of enjoyment be can be found. In some places the ambience and filling of the music sounds really incredible. But in other parts you have those 'break downs' and 'caramel acid' sounds which bring a lot of obstacle in trying to get as much of the happiness it could give..

After all, it sounds to me that its not a matter of my taste but rather a demand for something objectively closer to perfectly good and rich sounding.

Yes, I accept that I could end up doing it by myself. It just appeared to be too hard, too much to learn/practice and also invest. Plus it becomes even much harder as I don't use Windows.

But just before your post I've gotten an idea to implement this using android. Since I'm a developer and wanted to practice in android..

On 19.1.2018 at 4:29 PM, deepXcode said:

I'm soon doing a crowd-funding campaign (just waiting for mastering & art to be finalized) for my next album which definitely sounds a bit like you said above. Many 11+ min tracks on it with that ever changing, storytelling vibe to it. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

I’m sure someone out there would be happy, for the right price, to make music to your specifications. But I don’t think you would be happy with the results. It would sound like a psytrance version of manufactured pop music, because that’s how that stuff is made.