• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A killer Goa-Trance EP ... 

Listen to 7 States of Madness  
https://on.soundcloud.com/wCDtc

'Morioun started as a Goa-Trance DJ in 2015 with a soft spot for the old school and has both national and international gigs under his belt. Creating his own tracks since 2019 and playing full producer sets, he developed a unique style that is focused on analog sound design, groovy rhythms, and acid sounds, ranging somewhere between the dark and the light. He works a lot with hardware and has improved his studio and workflow constantly erver since with putting a real stamp on his tunes. He's released various tracks over the last three years on respected Labels like Schlabbaduerst ReKkords, Chronicle of Mystery Records, 303-Break-Street, as well as a 3 Track EP and one full length Album on DharmaR Records. Furthermore he is one of the label managers of Kandiszucker Records. It is now an honour for him to be released on the notorious K.E.R. with a concept based EP that discovers the borders of sanity, reflecting on society and the shadows of humanity. Listen to a twisted story about ghosts creeping through the corridors of the night-time office after a long weekend, the dark side of historical pop-culture with its influences of the present. You'll hear about sects and leaders, rise and fall of sanity and different shapes of madness within four tracks that are supposed to melt your brain away!'

- Officially be Released in Dec. '23.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 6:23 PM, KER said:

A killer Goa-Trance EP ... 

Listen to 7 States of Madness  
https://on.soundcloud.com/wCDtc

'Morioun started as a Goa-Trance DJ in 2015 with a soft spot for the old school and has both national and international gigs under his belt. Creating his own tracks since 2019 and playing full producer sets, he developed a unique style that is focused on analog sound design, groovy rhythms, and acid sounds, ranging somewhere between the dark and the light. He works a lot with hardware and has improved his studio and workflow constantly erver since with putting a real stamp on his tunes. He's released various tracks over the last three years on respected Labels like Schlabbaduerst ReKkords, Chronicle of Mystery Records, 303-Break-Street, as well as a 3 Track EP and one full length Album on DharmaR Records. Furthermore he is one of the label managers of Kandiszucker Records. It is now an honour for him to be released on the notorious K.E.R. with a concept based EP that discovers the borders of sanity, reflecting on society and the shadows of humanity. Listen to a twisted story about ghosts creeping through the corridors of the night-time office after a long weekend, the dark side of historical pop-culture with its influences of the present. You'll hear about sects and leaders, rise and fall of sanity and different shapes of madness within four tracks that are supposed to melt your brain away!'

- Officially be Released in Dec. '23.

PS. Tune in tonight for his interview: 

https://www.facebook.com/100060081077514/posts/pfbid02PjtCN3YSM5ZGJUWcFe1psH2NGTukHVxMmiz2Nj1Q5fWXNyyxwURZ42pKCHfkCy2jl/

Tonight there will be a radio interview with me live on air on www.querfunk.de or 104.8Hz for those of you that live nearby 📻 show starts at 22:00 🕙 *German time ..

I will talk about the production process of my music, will give u some background information about me and my work and u can listen some unreleased work in progress as well as some tunes from my upcoming ep on Kali Earth Records!

Thanks a lot for the invitation from Boris to his unique goa-trance radio show ‘Life, Sounds & Dreams’ 🙏 

The whole interview will be also available online soon

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Drosophila said:

Ohh man! That's good news, one of my favourite acts at the moment 😍

Hey that's awesome :) Sorry tho' if it really matters, I jumped the gun on the style of the album .. It's less Forest and more Goa-Trance, hardware made and old-school at it. I think you (and others) can better define it's style here on this pre-order/listen : https://kaliearth.bandcamp.com/album/mind-boggler (actual worldwide release date will be ca. Feb '24)

Thanks for sharing the pre-listen link, I will listen to it for sure. Then I can give you my 50 cent regarding the style 😆

For me the previous stuff I have heard from him has been hitting that sweet-spot of Goa cream and swampy forest vibes that I love 🥰

• Like 1

I definitely recognise the style from his previous output, although the downtempo stuff is the first I remember hearing grom him, and I love it!

Regarding the uptempo goa stuff, some tracks still has that swampy infusion of goa and forest (e.g. the Megatron track) while othwr are more techno infused goa, really nice. As a reference I would also use the early Schlabbaduerst stuff, that also very much had that vibe.

I have question. The sound "quality" of the different tracks seems to vary a bit. The downtempo stuff (first and last tracks) seems much more "open" and more spacious than the mix of the uptempo tracks. Some of them sound very muffled and compressed in comparison. 

• 2 weeks later...

^ Yeah Megatron, you're right. Awesome track. Personally I can not recognize the Schlabbaduerst .. But that's quite the compliment. I guess I should revisit the Rekkords releases better to hear your comparsment. 

About your question there's still no reply from Olof. We both approved the Mastering long time ago and production wise it is a concept album, a journey with all it's variation for audio trip effect (...) -not to copout on your observation. The album's intro and closing track for sure, and inside the album .. Mind Boggling

PS. https://facebook.com/events/s/va-hoddyaar-ep-worldwide-relea/1603279213779840/

On 12/11/2023 at 12:59 PM, Drosophila said:

I have question. The sound "quality" of the different tracks seems to vary a bit. The downtempo stuff (first and last tracks) seems much more "open" and more spacious than the mix of the uptempo tracks. Some of them sound very muffled and compressed in comparison. 

Hueya bro. Hmmmmm.. Like T5 'Kjoodas'? If so that might be the extra sub... I get your 'it's a bit dense in the middle, some tracks. I've listen to the album like a dusin times in Full at varies places (rooms, out door), different volumes of course, placements, on bassless laptop speaker, on bassless mobilephone speaker .. In the period this came about I was off season in Greece for 6 months in a old fishers village (with beach). I used 2 x JBL Charge 5.. And also had with me Sony BT 250€ class headphones ,WH900 or whatever, to stoned to find them and confirm #) .. I'm listening to the GUBBOLOGY album now again, and all tracks sound good to me, tho for sure old school, hardwear, almost proto but that's defo much bcs of the Technoid style of the Goatrance album.. I'm at the end of Megatron now and mmaybe I feel what you are saying? And I'm feeling some of that old Koxbox as well ^^ As for intro & closing track's openess, defo effective as story wrapper ... PS. That Schabaldurst RekKords comparising of yours is interesting. A review in the section from you would be smashing ... Sweeds, 
https://kaliearth.bandcamp.com/album/mind-boggler

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 12:59 PM, Drosophila said:

I definitely recognise the style from his previous output, although the downtempo stuff is the first I remember hearing grom him, and I love it!

Regarding the uptempo goa stuff, some tracks still has that swampy infusion of goa and forest (e.g. the Megatron track) while othwr are more techno infused goa, really nice. As a reference I would also use the early Schlabbaduerst stuff, that also very much had that vibe.

Hi guys!

I’m Olof from Gubbology. I was told by the fine people at Kali Earth records about this thread and would like to say THANK YOU for listening to the album. I would also like to take the opportunity to share some thoughts with you on the production and influences and such.

So the album is a bit of a mixed bag as some of you have noticed. The tracks are written over the course of several years, roughly speaking about 2018-2022. To me most of my tracks end up sounding quite different from the last one. I like to work from the ground up alot of the times and put alot of effort into the design of sounds for specific use in just one track. That way i get the feeling that every track has a kind of personality and becomes a kind separate universes with its own laws. But generally speaking i see Gubbology as a project that aims at hitting some kind of sweet spot between classic goatrance and forest psytrance. Lately its been far more goa than forest.

Sometimes the sound-quality and the mix can be a bit rough around the edges as some of you have noticed. It’s not always that perfect and the reasons can perhaps partly be found in my abilities as a producer. I also use quite rudimentary equipment for monitoring etc. But another reason might be how my ears are tuned to hours and hours of listening to quite dodgy mixtapes and prehistoric goatrance artifacts where the sound-quality are not always the best. Cogoa’s protogoa mixtapes on youtube are super essential in my opinion and old mix-tapes from the goatranch-crew aswell. Some of you mentioned Kox Box and I was super stoked to read your comment about how I might have captured some of that vibe. Other musical influence are Ozric Tentacles, The Orb, Black Dog, Cabaret Voltaire, The Infinty Project, Atriohm, Hux Flux, Logic Bomb, Dungen, King Tubby ect..

I have also been nerding out on vintage production-techniques and love to read old copies of the music-magazine SoundOnSound where articles about midi-production and handling of taperecorders from the early nineties is a great source of inspiration. The huge thread on Gearspace on goatrance-production is also great. Generally I find technical limitations very inspirational and in todays computerbased musicproduction where everything is possible at once I find peace in limiting myself to some specific choices when writing music. I’m just a modern guy with a laptop making music, but I like to put myself in the headspace of a studioguy from the 1970’s or 80’s.

The first and the last track on the album is a bit more chilled out and also written more recently. I think the sound presented here has a lot in common with another project I’m working on called Axiom 23. Under that moniker I explore ambient techno and lofi dubscapes among other things.

AXIOM 23 - BANDCAMP

https://axiom23.bandcamp.com/album/omnitron

COGOA

https://www.youtube.com/@COGOA

GOATRANCH GOA MIXTAPES

https://goatranch.com/

SOUND ON SOUND

https://www.soundonsound.com/sos-past-articles-now-online-back-january-1994

GEARSSPACE – GOATRANCE PRODUCTION

https://gearspace.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/846372-ultimate-goa-trance-technique-thread.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 releases by Morioun coming up 29. feb. & 15. mars '24 - EP, and LP - on K.E.R.

Cat.# KERDiG032
Jacket CDR: KERCDr032
Jacket Vinyl : KERLPx032

Cat.# KERDiG033
Digipak CD: KERCD002
2xVinyl LP: KERLP001 

Screenshot_20240126-050512~2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Releases worldwide on the 29th of Feb. .. This year has 366 days because August stole a day from Feb.

' ' When the Senate decided to dedicate the eighth month of the year to Octavian Augustus, someone pointed out that that month had only 30 days, while July, dedicated to Julius Caesar, had 31. In order not to wrong the new emperor, it was decided to remove a day in February and add it to August. ' ' 

KERDig033-Morioun - 7 States Of Madness Banner Out Soon.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Check out Morioun's promotional Video where he shows off the equipment used to create his upcoming 2nd Studio Album, 'Eulenspiegel'! It will be released worldwide on the 15th of March '24 :