What's the verdict on the new Shpongle?

I think, although it's nowhere near the first 3 and maybe the 4th as well it's much much better than the 5th.

Some really good tunes there, esp the uptempo ones (Strange Planet with Astrix and Are We There Yet).

It's not very well structured and I don't feel much connection between the tracks but eh, it's a decent collection of new Simon material.

Solid 8/10 I think?

• 2 weeks later...

I love the new album. Much better than MoC, somewhere along with Nothing Lasts and Ineffable. I haven't decided yet on what place I will rank it.

The uptempo tracks is not what I like on this album, Strange Planet is the track I like the least. I Woke up as a Shlummutz and Celestial Intoxication are my favorites. Empty Branes and Herr Gringleflapper are close.

Overall it's a fantastic album. :)

• 3 weeks later...

My initial reaction was WTF, but the music grew on me the more I went back.  I think the first track is too fast, so I actually used Audacity to create my own version with a slower tempo.  I also skip the second track (Magumba) because the singing sucks.  The rest of the album, I like, although it took awhile.  It's not what I expected from Shpongle, but I think it's ultimately a worthy addition to their catalog.