Who still listens to Psytrance dj sets at home?

Digitalys

Like I already mentioned on facebook, I do quite a lot. As a beginning dj I had a lot of inspiration listening to stuff featured on the goat ranch (Solitare, Marsh, Jimm'll mixit & Draeke to name a few).

I was always interested in the more psychedelic side of melodic goa trance but especially the older music on this side of the goa spectrum tends to be difficult to mix so I learned a lot listening to these masters.

Nowadays I'm venturing inside of forest territory a lot too  so yur 'we're all math here'-mix for example was a starting point for me to learn how to approach mixing forest ;) 

• Like 1

i'm listening to a dj set at home right now.

a good dj set tells a story and puts tracks you wouldn't usually listen to into a context that makes them shine. ideally you also discover new artists/albums in mixtapes. so i see no reason not to listen to them at home.

If it's on YouTube or SoundCloud and I like it, I will download it to listen to it whenever I want.

I always discover some new stuff I didn't know before.And a good Set is like writing a good song.There is always an idea behind it.

On occasion, mostly for when they have songs I don’t have elsewhere. Sometimes if I’m engrossed in an all-day project and want some background music without needing to find a new album every hour, I’ll throw on one of Goa Constrictor’s 4+ hour sets.

I have discovered Goatranch not so long ago, so I have many many hours of mix listening ahead. I haven't done a lot of mix listening actually, sometimes when I wanted something in the background without cuts I would just check something out of YT. It's actually very different from the dancefloor, where you are taken through the journey with all of your body and moves, 

So now, I'm listening to this, how could I resist it when it's all TIP and there are Aliens in the title :wub:

On 11/6/2017 at 9:12 AM, Veracohr said:

On occasion, mostly for when they have songs I don’t have elsewhere. Sometimes if I’m engrossed in an all-day project and want some background music without needing to find a new album every hour, I’ll throw on one of Goa Constrictor’s 4+ hour sets.

*awwwwwe =)  lolololololol

I have a huge folder of various mixes and live sets. I really like the Benji Vaughn in Helsinki mix, there's an XV Kilist and Rocco mix I like, a Nick Taylor mix, the MASA set from the Eclipse over the summer. Mixes and live sets are great for when working the yard all morning or afternoon, or doing long projects. That said, if the mix isn't downloadable, I don't listen to it. Mixcloud and YouTube are not conducive of my listening styles and just frustrate me, so I tend to pass on those. Sites like Soundcloud and Hearthis allow for downloading if you don't have your own server or method for hosting.

On 5-11-2017 at 4:50 PM, IronSun said:

Like I already mentioned on facebook, I do quite a lot. As a beginning dj I had a lot of inspiration listening to stuff featured on the goat ranch (Solitare, Marsh, Jimm'll mixit & Draeke to name a few).

I was always interested in the more psychedelic side of melodic goa trance but especially the older music on this side of the goa spectrum tends to be difficult to mix so I learned a lot listening to these masters.

Nowadays I'm venturing inside of forest territory a lot too  so yur 'we're all math here'-mix for example was a starting point for me to learn how to approach mixing forest ;) 

I've been away from this forum for a long time, but now I know who you are. :) 
Thanks for the feedback on my set! With all the different ways of uploading and sharing dj sets nowadays it's hard to know who checks out what and if the story is appreciated or if people just skip through it. Glad you liked it! :) 
Your latest set is somewhere on top of my "gonna check" list too. :D