DJ IronSun - Cybernetic Core (Cyber Goa Trance)

IronSun

Hello dear Psynewsers!

It's been a while but I finally managed to mix something together that satisfies my own tastes and comes close to the story I wanted to tell: a foray into more cyberpunk influenced Goa with an emphasis on newer tracks & some golden oldies in between. 

I wanted to create an energetic opening which slowly dwindles into more minimalistic progressive-influenced Goa which in it's part evolves yet again, picks up the pace and has a rather furious last bit with a very emotional ending.

Give it a shot and tell me what you think!

Tracklist:

1. Neutron - Skizologic & Radical Distortion
2. 48 Hours - Portamento
3. Mordroc's Challenge - Triquetra
4. Blood - Overmind Projection
5. Black Light - Artifact303
6. Waking Up To Chaos (Live Remix) - Slide
7. Ohm Sun - Declaration of Unity
8. Mindsweeper - Amygdala
9. Boundless (Skizologic Remix)- Prana
10. Antistatic Circle - Artha
11. Cybermind - Kadasarva
12. Domestic Bliss 2015 - BotfB
13. Grandiose Thoughts (Original Version) - K.O.B.
14. Moon In Your Window (Morphic Resonance Remix) - Pleiadians
15. Momentary 29 - Red Gravity
16. Transparent Sea - Chi A.D.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24-10-2017 at 9:44 PM, Paul Eye said:

Well that looks like a yummy tracklist, and I see a bunch of familiar artists from my own sets :)
I do have a bad habit of barely ever listening to people's DJ sets, but I might take a listen to this in the upcoming weeks.

Actually it's part thanks to you this mix came together! A couple of months ago you praised the Kadasarva album again on this forum and as I happened to read it, I decided to revisit it and really got into it myself! Thanks for that ;)

Don't know if you know it, but may I recommend Amygdala's 'Modus Operandi'?

2 minutes ago, IronSun said:

Actually it's part thanks to you this mix came together! A couple of months ago you praised the Kadasarva album again on this forum and as I happened to read it, I decided to revisit it and really got into it myself! Thanks for that ;)

Don't know if you know it, but may I recommend Amygdala's 'Modus Operandi'?

Ooh, thanks for that :)
And I sure know Amygdala. I just wish he'd release more music :D

• 3 weeks later...

Wow brother, you made an outstanding goa mix here!
The mix starts directly with high energy goa, modern style such a Triquetra and Artifact303. You got my love choosing those tracks.
Through seamless mixing the mix truly goes deeper and darker to, indeed, cyperpunk space. Perhaps that darkness is not exactly my style, I listened through it all, absorbed it, went all punk'd, and the moment I heard the acid in KOB's Grandiose Thoughts, I climbed out of the dark cybercore. Back to the light.
Red Gravity's Momentary 29 is a bliss from Twist Dreams which I definitely should revisit. The mix ends in total harmony.

Man, what a ride you made here! And I must say, as a fellow dj, I'm learning from your goa mixing. It is very very good. Nicely in key, no trainwrecks and perfectly gearing up from one track to the next. That's the challenge and you nailed it. 

Thumbs up! :)

• 11 months later...
On 11/27/2017 at 10:10 PM, Aspartic said:

Wow brother, you made an outstanding goa mix here!
The mix starts directly with high energy goa, modern style such a Triquetra and Artifact303. You got my love choosing those tracks.
Through seamless mixing the mix truly goes deeper and darker to, indeed, cyperpunk space. Perhaps that darkness is not exactly my style, I listened through it all, absorbed it, went all punk'd, and the moment I heard the acid in KOB's Grandiose Thoughts, I climbed out of the dark cybercore. Back to the light.
Red Gravity's Momentary 29 is a bliss from Twist Dreams which I definitely should revisit. The mix ends in total harmony.

Man, what a ride you made here! And I must say, as a fellow dj, I'm learning from your goa mixing. It is very very good. Nicely in key, no trainwrecks and perfectly gearing up from one track to the next. That's the challenge and you nailed it. 

Thumbs up! :)

Somehow this is the first time I read this.... Thanks a lot for the nice words! I tried to give the tracks  the time to breathe and build the story and I was really thrilled by the way it turned out, indeed reaching that supertwisted place in the middle but then finding exactly the right tracks to flow into Transparent Sea which I find an absolute beauty, so emotional.

• Like 1