1AadUkp.jpg

Artist: E-mantra
Title: Compendium Vol. 1
Label: Melusine Records
Date: April, 2017

1. Above the Skies 2017 (Live Version)
2. Approaching Nibiru (2017 Version)
3. Dansul Ielelor (2012 Version)
4. Dark Corners of the Universe (2017 Version)
5. Distant Signals (Rmx 2017 Version)
6. Leviathan
7. Pathfinder (2017 Version)
8. Telluric Waves (2017 Version)

While the new guns currently dazzle us with their electronic wizardry we must never forget that a beast of the genre still lurks in the ether.  Mr. Carpus has proven himself to be a master of goa trance time and again with 4 albums of blissful and transcendent goa as well as four downtempo chillers.  The man is a legend any way you slice it.  His style is hypnotic, melodic, and steeped in eerie layers.  This digital only release (I hear tale that a CD is in the works) is comprised of previous tracks that have been re-edited and remastered as a thank you to the fans. 

And it is all that you think it is.  Ripping 303's, lush melodies that slowly appear and then drift off into the cosmos, and shifting focus with seamless details. It's darkly mysterious, mystical, and layer heavy.  Personally I don't have the time to compare each track with the original, but what I can tell you is that it is a great goa album that fits in nicely with his previous releases.  He doesn't take any chances, but does what he does best.  If you're a fan of his style then this is a must have.

Melusine Records Bandcamp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When this one dragged my attention I didn't really care much for a sort of "best of" E-Mantra. Why should I, I have all of his tracks and know them very well.
Then just for the sheer fun and for the sake of nostalgia (already?) I pumped this one into my car.

From the very first note I got goosebumps all over again! E-Mantra was back. The tracks are known, but he's polished them so well that the joy is complete.

Thank you for sharing these with us, King Emanuel. :)