Små gäster (goa trance)

Hasheeshian

The synth starting at 1:31 is off-tune or off-key?? That kinda doesnt fit..Main synth is good but is static throughout..Vary few notes here and there, phase or flange it a little bit.. that bass at around 3:32 sounds good.. Seeing how this is a WIP it can be improved a lot more.. Are you planning it on making it darker? A pad thrown in would be great I guess.

2 hours ago, Themaniac said:

The synth starting at 1:31 is off-tune or off-key?? That kinda doesnt fit..Main synth is good but is static throughout..Vary few notes here and there, phase or flange it a little bit.. that bass at around 3:32 sounds good.. Seeing how this is a WIP it can be improved a lot more.. Are you planning it on making it darker? A pad thrown in would be great I guess.

Yeah it's quite off-tune though intentional :P I love the older swedish goa/forest music (schlabbaduerst rekkords) and get alot of inspiration from there - when I saw Ka-sol live a few weeks ago I was stunned by how well they use extreme amounts of detuning and off-key sounds to their advantage, so I tried kindof reaching for that twisted, uncomfortable vibe. I might have to work a bit on getting the sound to sit well in the song though, I want it like a "growing/bubbling/crawling" haunting detuned screechy saw-orchestra which quickly die back again. 

The song might evolve into something a bit darker (it will probably be 3-4 minutes longer in the end) but I still want to keep some of the light there. I'll have to look into various methods of keeping it from being too repetitive... (I hate breaks but will probably have to do a few xD). 

Thanks for the feedback :)

• 2 weeks later...