Music Review

Oktave

Are you a fan of Logic Bomb / Hux-Flux, because at times it sounds just like that :) I like a lot of the sounds, the melodies are fine, the stuttery effects and overall production is good, although - probably - you could make the kick+bass a bit louder and upfront, to match the contemporary psy-trance production standards. I don't like the triplets in the middle (but I hate them in general :)) and I think the track would benefit from more focused arrangement, e.g. there's basically nothing happening in the last two minutes, while earlier the hi- and low-energy parts are kind of randomly interwoven, so it's a bit difficult to tell what's the buildup, peak and release. The only element of the "story" is the triplet break in the middle, while it's difficult to tell the difference between the parts pre- and after that bridge.

But overall, that's a very, very solid track! :)

• Like 1

Agree that the bass should be louder/fatter. Also the leads/stabs/farts/voice samples etc should be better balanced, some of them sound louder than they should be, some others are way too quiet. 

The synths and melodies are very nice. Also the track structure is fine to me, I don't think this track calls for buildups and peaks, it flows nicely and there are no boring or unnecessary parts.

Good job, liked and followed )

• Like 1

Thank you for this.

Indeed, the track has points to be improved.

I am very thankfull for your appreciation.

To be honest I had this track stopped for some months, I really would like to have it released more polished and refined.

You are right about the arrangement, I really did not know very well how to arrange the different parts, but I felt compelled to move forward. I think the ending has a lot to improve too.

This was my first track in Cubase.

I am now looking forward to make progressive, but I still have to improve my mastering/mixing skills, sometimes I just do not know how to get that sound by cconstant trial and error.

Again, thank you for your input.

O.