son kite or beat bizarre?

Guest antic

Hello!

I'm about to make a new order at psyshop.com, but still I can't make up my mind about what to buy. So far I've decided for:

Prometheus (well, it's Twisted and it's Benji, so it's kinda obvious why)

Crunchy Punch (I love Orion's CDs and this is more of the same)

Yeti & Mystical Experiences (I didn't manage to buy it when it first came out)

but I also want to buy something from the progressive camp, and thinking about Son Kite's "Colours" or Beat Bizarre's "Pandoras Groovebox"...

I'd like to hear your opinions about those two albums. What would you choose? I probably buy both anyway, but only one at the time :)

Thx.

I' say son kite if you want something a bit more commercial sounding, it's great nf funky, beat bizzare still has a real underground flavour to it, but I think from the oterhs you're getting son kite would be more your style ;)

Guest sviskon

Commercial sounding? What a lame description of son kites album..

but I would also go for Son Kites album. It's truly top quality.

Guest Aegon

Beat Bizarre :) I'm not the biggest BB fan but I'd say that "Pandora's groovebox" is realy psytrance , no matter if some ppl call it "progressive"/ "minimal" or whatever...that's great psychedelic music which will blow your mind ;P

btw Prometheus is great choice :) - the best album so far in 2004 (in my opinion of course)

Son kite is really 'evoluted' sound (if you can say that, hehehe).. indeed very bad description saying it sounds comercial!!!!

Beat bizarre is good too, but not so much..

Definitely son kite =)

Guest grahf

from listening to the 4 minute samples on saikosounds, it seems that son kite is a bit more accessible, but also a bit housier. but beat bizarre is deep and totally badass too... I for one want both, argh!

Guest grahf

on a related topic (of new progressive releases), has anyone heard the FreQ album on Iboga? is it as gonna be as good as SK or BB?

Grahf, I've listened to one track only (return to the masters) that was released on the puzzled compilation, by iboga. It's excellent, powerful, atmospheric, with 'gigantic effects', if you know what I mean...

If the rest of the cd is on the same level.... Then all I know is that im gonna have it =)

Guest nomad

FREQ is bloody good.. in the same league as both Son Kite and Beat Bizarre. I highly reccomend that everyone buys all three albums

Guest antic

thanx guys. it's gonna be Son Kite then.

but definitely will buy Beat Bizarre too, just have to wait to the next paycheck :)

have a good weekend!