New Prana track?(No thanks!)

I read in an interview of Nick Taylor that it will be a new Prana track!

But is that a good thing?

Well I don't think so! Tsuyoshi's new style is completely shit and Nick Taylor plays in his sets Kylie Minogue''Out Of My Head'' remix!

I buy yesterday Goa Head 3 and the Prana track(taiyo) kicks ass! So what can we except from a NEW Prana track? Funky House with Kylie's vocals?

NO THANKS!!!!

(after all Tsuyoshi said that Goa Trance is dead for him)

what's your opinion?

yeah it's a pitty that one of the godfathers of goa decided to take "new directions"... well at least they don't copy today's goa style like 99% of artists who were in the scene from day 1...

And actually there HAS been a "new" release under the name Prana last year!! Prana - Taiyo (Joujouka Rmx) on the compilation Sounds of the Sun... needless to say it was pure crap and had NOTHING to do with the original Taiyo except the name. And yes it was funky house :) During half of the track you have a dude with a voice box saying "Get get down get down, get get down get down..."

SMI²LE

Guest Freewheelin' Franklin

Hopefully they realise that if they decide to release something new under the old Prana name, that they should make something related to how their music sounded when producing music under this name, and not stick to their new fancy styles which imho isn't going anywhere. Whoa, long sentence. :P

Haha, that would be funny...Tsuyoshi really suks big time now...I have some Joujouka singles from 2-3 years ago and even then was shitty. I couldn't believe that Tsuyoshi sold himself so cheaply. What a shame to waste such talent they shared for Prana and 2 great albums they made...I can't believe that it lasted so short in any case...but, what a heck...they at least produced some good trax...

true shpogled, but I find it a scam to release crappy stuff under an older name which is associated to a certain style just to cash in on former glory... If they stick to labeling it Joujouka it's no problem since most people already know the style they're into but don't release Joujouka stuff under the name "Prana" to sell more records...

SMI²LE

As I see it they are two old buddies who decided make one track together under the name they used to call themselves. Is that so wrong? It's a bit far feched to call them mass market salesmen. IMO It's just logical, practical and wise to use their old name.

I got to see him in Australia about 3 years ago he played with Tristan...It was fucking gold...don't dig his stuff anymore but I own his album and I've seen him play so I'm satisfied

Guest Freewheelin' Franklin

I went to several parties in Goa 1996 when he was playing.. Will never forget it. One time at a party just north of Palolem and another time at the Shore Bar, Anjuna, were especially good. The place was so packed you won't believe.

Very treasured memories for me. It strikes me now that he was actually mixing quite well (as far as I can remember; however my recollections from that time are a little distorted thanks to copious ammounts of LSD) even though running the music from two DATs.

Those were the days..

Guest Mike D

He dj'd at earthcore in Aus last novemeber, I didn't get to go but I heard he played a really great psy/goa set... I agree it is sad to see some artits go commerical, but I think it's fair that they want tomake some money, I mean, maybe they'll make some cash and then can run their psy on the side... in reality thereis barely any cash in the scene for artists so you can understand why they look elsehwere, they have ot afford tolive as well ;)

for fucks sake! they haven't really done any stuff together since the old days when they wrote under prana, and so when they decide to work together again, why can't they use the name prana?!!?! it's their bloody name!

why are bands not allowed to show diversity, and express what they're into these days? take a band like radiohead. they're newer stuff hardly resembles they're old stuff, so should they have changed they're name? no, it's theyre bloody name!

also, should x-dream change they're name? irritant couldn't sound more different to trip to tranceylvania, yet noone slates them.

they're not doing it to 'cash in' on the tranc scene, coz believe me, they ain't much cash to be got from it. and besides, i doubt many people these days have heard of Prana, or even know who Tsuyoshi or Nick Taylor are.

• 2 years later...