X-Dream - Remixed [Flying Rhino Records]

Manuser

fly2cd201_b.jpg

X-Dream - Remixed

Flying Rhino Records

July 2017

One of the most anticipated releases of 2017, remixing old tracks has been a trend lately it seems. Does it live up to the hype?

My personal thoughts.

Radio (Eat Static Remix)

The album starts with a forgettable remix, good thing it is the opener I guess (and it is not too long). I love the original and this remix is bland in comparison (does not have anything in common, except for the vocal sample). Too bad.

Out Here We Are Stoned (Shpongle Remix)

Problem here, I never liked the original... Never understood why so many remixes of it, and we have two more in this album! Regardless, Shpongle did a decent job I think but nothing too special either, and (obviously) far from being their best work (uptempo unlike most Shpongle tracks). Was expecting something more creative and psychedelic from these legendary artists.

Our Own Happiness (Dickster Remix)

It is quite close to the original, the structure is very similar. To be honest I don't think this remix brings anything new to the table. The sounds is a bit more progressive and modern though. Decent but not really necessary IMO (maybe it is just me).

Parent Plant (Sybarite Remix)

Don't think I ever listened to the original, so can't compare. The style reminds me Cosma with some extra energy, and we are again in progressive psy territory. Acid lines hitting in the middle of the track. The melodic ending is brilliant. Overall a track I enjoy!

Eleven (Atmos Remix)

Very nice one! A progressive track again, quite different to the original, remixed by one of the masters in the genre! I believe this will be played a lot at festivals. The most demanding listeners could find it a bit repetitive but I personally don't mind. Some goaish sounds too (listen @ 2:35).

Do You Believe (Astral Projection Remix)

The original is my favorite X-dream track, it has such a mysterious, darkish atmosphere coupled with melodic power. This remix holds up to the expectations, very clean and professional sound, in the same style as Goa-Classics-Remixed released in 2014. Great attention to details too (this is Astral Projection after all!). While I don't necessarily think it tops the original, it is excellent regardless and I feel many goa fans will prefer it over the original. The AP guys know what they are doing, no doubt!

Children Of The Last Generation (4D Remix)

This track is quite slow to start and is nothing too interesting until the break down in the middle. But while I was expecting it to turn into something more psytrance, it gets more and more techno (housey) towards the end. I am not a fan of this style, and didn't like the original much, but this remix bores me even more. Next.

Psychomachine (Midimiliz Remix)

Big task ahead for Midimiliz, Psychomachine is one of the best works from X-dream. This remix has the typical "dirty" techno sound we know from Midimiliz. The melody of the original is developed in a very interesting way here. This is how good techno sounds like! Excellent track!

Freak (Saafi Brothers Remix)

Ending track of the first disc, a remix of Freak at 118 BPM. Not much in common with the original track, but the entrancing feel of this remix is very pleasant. Should work great at festivals on the chill floor!

Out Here We Are Stoned (Mad Tribe Remix)

Full-on remix, IMO better than the Shpongle one. Convincing effort, but again did we need two more remixes of this track?

Psychoactivity (Joujouka Remix)

Very solid remix by the Japanese crew. The guitars together with these metallic and acidic sounds make a really cool trip. Good material for psytrance DJs.

Panic In Paradise (ManMadeMan Remix)

Rolling bassline here... not too familiar with ManMadeMan but both artists sure know how to create music that moves the dance-floor. Catchy and dynamic remix all around, the vibe in this one just progresses and impresses while taking you through fun rising sections. I find it more catchy than the original.

Freak (G.M.S. Remix)

Powerful right from the start, a fast full-on track again. While it is a remix of Freak, a melody from Our Own Happiness steps in early, followed by the signature melody of Freak, and Panic in paradise is invited too! = Circus detected! Talamasca making babies? My attention went down quickly.

Telegram (Loud Remix)

A laid back and progressive version of the original. If you disliked 5 billion stars, I recommend you skip this. But even as a big fan of their last album, I was expecting more and felt the inspiration was short on this one. A major disappointment considering how interesting 5 billion stars was.

Pacemaker (Deedrah Remix)

The original (with Tim Schuldt) is superb! This version of Deedrah is more dance-floor friendly and certainly does the job! Stunning bassline, reminds me the golden era of South-African psytrance. New melody around the 4th minute mark, what the fuck out of tune sounds at 4:45 (or is it just me?), but overall a brilliant remix, one of my favorites here. Surprising outro too.

I had not heard anything from Deedrah for a very long time but this is a proof he can still produce some great stuff. Well done!

The Second Room (A-Trip) (Man With No Name Remix)

A solid upgrade of the original. While I can enjoy the latter, it sounds a bit old today, this remix is good news and does it justice, it stays close enough to the good parts (the unique melody) and gives it a nice refresh. Nothing bad to say about this, one of the highlights of this album.

Intercorporal Stimulator (Midimiliz Remix)

A short track (under 6 minutes) by Midimiliz again, in the same style as Psychomachine remix. I find the first three minutes quite dull but the melodic parts are well executed and caught me by surprise! Not too memorable though.

Clone III (Blue Planet Corporation Remix)

The journey ends at 126 BPM. Very slow to build, progressive, trance inducing, almost tribal territory. While I was not expecting this style from BPC, he managed to produce something full of delicate and subtle emotions. An amazing pad hits around the 9th minute mark. The last two minutes are superb. Interesting exploration of minimalistic trance in this remix. Nice finish.

For me, this release was a hit-and-miss at first listen but I liked it more the second time, so there is a good chance it could be a grower. It covers several styles of psytrance (modern psy, progressive, techno, a bit of goa).

While it misses a few extra monster tracks to be considered super good, the top moments are enough for me to recommend this double CD album.

Rating: 6.5/10.

To buy: https://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/fly/fly2cd201.html

https://boshkebeatsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/x-dream-remixed-2xcd-ltd-digipack-flying-rhino-2017

• Like 2

great review. 7/10 is probably what i'd give it as well.

the whole feel of this album is scattershot. by including tracks from a wide spectrum of styles, it has something for everyone but at the same time, it's unlikely that someone will be able to enjoy every track.

it might have come across better if the album was sequenced as one uptempo/goa cd and the other more midtempo. conversely, i feel like there is enough material here to make one amazing album.

though there is definitely some really good music, it isn't pushing the boundaries of the art so much. there isn't much of an evolution in the sounds but rather just iterations of what we have enjoyed, sort of a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it attitude." it's like a celebration of nostalgia and psychedelic history instead of the writing of a new chapter. that might be because some of the tracks were made many years ago, as well as the contributing artists are all well established veterans.

the overall atmosphere of the album is easily digestible and it's gentle enough to work well as background music, but it doesn't have enough complexity for focused listening.

my feelings might change after a few more rotations but to really get the most of this album i will probably delete a few of the tracks for a more consistent experience.

• Like 2

The only one I liked is Our Own Happiness (Dickster Remix) and the reason for that is that its structure is similar . Everything else is butchered by stage 4 proggy cancer . Also, the fuck happened to Psychomaschine? When it started I thought my YT player had a brain fart and switched over to my Boris Brejcha minimal playlist lol. Got bored somewhere around that track and didnt bother with going further.

what a surprising release. the remixes i was looking forward to the most turned out to be the worst, while others turned out great. the great exception here is the gms remix which is exactly as bad as i expected.

a mixture between the weird technoid style of eat static and the heavy industrial technoid style of x-dream could have turned out great but with this not-uptempo-but-also-not-downtempo track that's neither exciting nor pleasant they totally missed the mark. also this remix sounds nothing at all like the original. it's as if eat static took one random track that didn't fit anywhere else and labelled it as x-dream remix.

i'm not a big fan of shpongle but their remix of out here we're stoned is quite good. not great but good.

next is dickster's remix of our own happiness. it's a fullon remix of the classic track. there's nothing more to say about it. dickster can do much better.

the sybarite remix of parent plant on the other hand combines modern and original elements with the x-dream track. the result is a track that not only sounds up to date and energetic but perfectly captures the spirit of the original.

the atmos remix didn't catch my attention at all. boring.

astral did a remix of do you believe and it's one of the rare tracks that are just as expected on here. if you liked their recent goa classics remixed album you'll like this (i do). it's exactly in the same style.

4d is a collaboration between darshan and james monro. these two have put out some hard hitting repetitive technoid psytrance lately on flying rhino. their remix of children of the last generation is much softer and more melodic than their other work. the track is quite ok, but not spectacular.

i was really looking forward to midi miliz remixing psychomachine. the track that served as prototype for psytek remixed by a german duo that has brought us hard psy-flavoured techno before. but any such music is totally in the background behind an extra-loud hat with an extremely unnerving swing-rhytm that immediately makes the gorillas of louds "why psytrance has become shit" video appear in my mind.

the saafi brothers remix is not as smooth and dubby as their usual stuff, and also not as good.

next we see an energetic remix of out here we're stoned by mad tribe (whoever that is). professionally executed, but nothing spectacular. surely great on the dancefloor but not ideal for home listening.

then psychoactivity is remixed by joujouka (never heard of them before). not too exciting but with lots of acid. so i'm fine here.

manmademan's remix of panic in paradise adds some extra effects to the iconic melody of the track and adds a heavy bassline underneath. a good effort but i still prefer logic bomb's neighbour of the beast (also when compared to x-dream's original)

the gms remix isn't a remix of freat but the melodies of different x-dream track thrown mindlessly after one another. worthless.

we have a remix of telegram by loud, that takes all the eerie atmosphere and drive out and leaves us with a bland, dry-clean and boring offbeat track.

deedrah's remix starts great. lots of movement and energy but the acidline of the second half is horribly out of tune and doesn't fit at all. it could have been great but since the acidline is a prominent element the track is not enjoyable.

mwnn rarely makes music that's bad (or just average). so what can we expect of his remix of the second room? this track is pretty melodic retaining most of the original melodies, it contains an updates kick and bassline, there are some original elements but there is pretty much no trace of mwnn's signature sound. it's a good track, but if you told me this is a remix by some previously unknown artist i'd believe it.

the second to last track is a remix of intercorporeal stimulator again by midi miliz. again the element that totally dominates this track is a horribly unnerving swing "hat". not only that! it's exactly the same one we saw earlier with psychomachine. unlike psychomachine, this track also doesn't contain any of the elements that made the original track so good (not that intercorporeal stimulator would be as good as psychomachine). i'd rather listen to the remix by gms than this crap.

the closing track is bpc remixing clone III. i imagined that bpc would turn this into an ethereal, soft but acidic track. but we rather see a slowed down version that seems to focus on one rather irrelevant melody of the original and repeats it ad nauseum. certainly not the best i've heard of bpc.

all in all there are a few good tracks, a few ok tracks and 1-3 awful ones. none are spectacular or groundbreaking. i expect that a few of these tracks will revive some old x-dream tracks for modern dancefloors. if you like x-dream it's a nice addition to your music collection by if you skip this album you won't miss out too much.

• Like 1

I've been listening to this more than usual since I got it, but not because it's good, but to try to convince myself it was worth the €20 I spent on it. Normally these day I never spend all that money for a new (i.e. just released) disc which personally I only bought since they are after all one of my favourite acts ever, like many.

2 discs - 160 minutes which could have been compressed in one disc and still leaving it's share of mediocre tracks. This already messed up world didn't need to hear most of these refuckedworked tracks. They have added no benefit.

• Like 1

I think this remiXed VA album seems intricate, well done in its essence of experienced psychedelic producers.
But it comes off real boring, not unlike X-Dreams music them selfs throughout. It can also seem boring to the naked ear. 

the funny part is that Out Here We Are Stoned isn't an X-Dream track... 

That's because their remix has done so much success that it's more known as an X-dream track than Erection's probably.

Take a listen to both the youtube videos in this discogs page of the Single of which the Out here We are Stoned track comes from:
--> https://www.discogs.com/E-Rection-Suck-My-Dang-A-Long/master/30429

A chance to bring something fresh on the table, I mean you could hardly ask a better artist to remix isn't it?

Now, a couple of the remixes are good in fact, Dickster takes Our Own Happiness and makes a decent 2017 full-on version out of it. He was able to maintain the spirit of the original track I reckon. AP and MWNN give decent remixes as well. MWNN, being maybe the greatest remixer ever in this genre, doesn't quite reach the level of his past works but it still might be the best remix here!

But... there's a lot of garbage here too. I won't go in the dirty details but surely this remix cd would've been better if it was just 1CD or if they asked Sab Kuch Milegator to remix the other cd, I dunno!...

anyone else's disk seem like it's pressed wrong?

my disk one keeps skipping, ever since first listen, throughout We Created Our Own Happiness (Dickster Remix).

It's kind of annoying. I hate cds.

anyone rip this to FLAC yet and want to send me a link to files?

my disk drive on the laptop doesn't read the disk and it's not available on torrent sites yet...

:/

I took a quick skim through the tracks and basically only liked what I heard on the Shpongle and Dickster remixes. The rest were on a scale from meh to fail. No need to waste money on this one.

I still stand by my opinion that Far Too Loud's remix of The 1st kicks the living crap out of anything on this CD. But then again, basically nobody here likes psybreaks so whatever :DD

anyone else's disk seem like it's pressed wrong?

my disk one keeps skipping, ever since first listen, throughout We Created Our Own Happiness (Dickster Remix).

It's kind of annoying. I hate cds.

anyone rip this to FLAC yet and want to send me a link to files?

my disk drive on the laptop doesn't read the disk and it's not available on torrent sites yet...

:/

Where did you bought it? Shouldn't you get the files as well if it was through Bandcamp or Psyshop?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2017 at 9:48 PM, Void Mantra said:

Any thoughts on the production on this one?? I think it was fantastic; strange there's no mention of it.

On 8/10/2017 at 11:46 AM, psytones said:

I think this remiXed VA album seems intricate, well done in its essence of experienced psychedelic producers. 

Elaboration ahead. Timeless

Edited by psytones
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

I've been vaguering to write this review for more then a year now. I recieved it as a present from one of the labels when I bought another release from them (Cybered - Acid Box, which I figure is a respectfull retake on The Delta's "Send In.. Send Back" album, that I like a lot). Thanks! Shame on me for this delay. And before I begin, it's Ok to know that I am not a great X-Dream track knower.

CD 1

1. “Radio” Eat Static Remix
2. “Out Here We Are Stoned” Shpongle Remix
3. “Our Own Happiness” Dickster Remix
4. “Parent Plant” Sybarite Remix
5. “Eleven” Atmos Remix
6. “Do You Believe” Astral Projection Remix
7. “Children Of The Last Generation” 4D Remix
8. “Psychomachine” Midimiliz Remix
9. “Freak” Saafi Brothers Remix

CD 2

1. “Out Here We Are Stoned” Mad Tribe Remix
2. “Psychoactivity” Joujouka Remix
3. “Panic In Paradise” ManMadeMan Remix
4. ”Freak of Happiness Coming Soon on Psychomachine” G.M.S. Tribute
5.“Telegram” Loud Remix
6. “Pacemaker” Deedrah Remix
7. “The Second Room ( A-Trip )” Man With No Name Remix
8. “Intercorporal Stimulator” Midimiliz Remix
9. “Clone III” Blue Planet Corporation Remix

-- This is a huge album when I look at it. The main artist that adorns the front page, the labels behind it, and the -mostly- well known names that have made these selected X-Dream remixes ... And the remixed "We Created Our Own Happiness" cover-art isn't bad at all -- I see a barcode and another good reason to celebrate the X-past by presenting it to the Y-now with a newer sound design then what the original tracks offer. At least before the remixed tracks on this album them self start to sound not contemporary enough even though much here is what one could with will call timeless. I don't know details around it's process of having it be released, nor the actual work and money that went into making it become a gathered released reality. But the overall job in making this compilation album sound-as-one, is well done. And a pleasure to both ear and body -- and listening through the album provides for many I'd say a recollecting of festival memories with a few inside the club box states. Actually. To listen through the album in it self gives me a strong vibe of being at a psychedelic festival, which feels intentional for this release as many have, and will hear these tracks on a natural dance-floor somewhere in the world. Some of the tracks sound older then others and of variated but experienced artitc skill. With 18 tracks some of them are like close to gems but not quit.. some seems to be fill, and the variation it manages to give you if you get this release, is really appreciated, and makes it a fun affected journey to listen and experience. So yeah it's a  compilation of the well known and respected X-Dream, remiXed by names known for quality and the power to move dance-floors.

xremixedcover.jpg.e9edf1d82effc9c43bd53cd710bcf6ab.jpg

"it's probably boring but good when your in it"

So for me this lenghty (lux) and variated (yummy) release has an on-going sense of excellence to it, which is very spunky indeed. But for moments that positive notion it initially gave gets overshadowed by its "time-scattered already remixed x-dream tracks gathered to make a buck" feeling. Since X-Dream is well known for both old-school Goatrance, as well as their maybe more known -groundbreaking concrete- Tech-trance style (of Radio)... This -trip party- remixed album feels too much in the Israeli / French / UK Full-on direction.. Which is fine and dandy and all, but not necessarily that exciting when for an X-Dream remixed album, I'd personally much more prefer it to have been from the other side of the psychedelic spectrum of our sonic scene - thats to say the spectrum of what i used to call psycore, psychedelically cored trance music by the likes of CPC, Zolod (Terminator, etc.), Pizz Dozz, and In'R'Voice to mention a few.  And I think many would agree on this. The impressive old psy-tech-trance project <<Organic Noise>> by X-Dream's Jan Müller, and Planet B.E.N. comes to mind as an example of an inspirational release that went "all the way" from the Berlin psy-freaks, to the basement equals over at the oppressed RU terretory. It seems that the Organic Noise album and style reached a city like Moscow hard, and well. Because the style born out of Russia from it, is in my opinion something really good. So why not celebrate this? They call it darkpsy, but darkpsy seems to limit the imagination of mood. This is one X-track example btw of how a X-Dream Remixed album could have been: https://beatspace-nocomment.bandcamp.com/track/organic-noise-spastic-collabar-remake

In my 18 years of taking in and giving out the psy-trance love and the massive appreciatation for it's creative groove and initial flower power fundation that rock. I never did get dragged deep and long into the X-Dream world before many years had passed, much like Pink Floyd which is one of them names you don't forget because it's always there to remind you wherever you turn.

So-on-to-them-stomping-tracks, one by one *yawn* *quality dawn*

1. Eat Static track has a nice opener with a stomped -down laidback BPM. Maybe the best track on the album for me. 8,5

2. Is a nice chilled progressive full-on psytrance track without much stress that incurages to get stoned....Well baked. Nice and comfy. Like the whole packkage, it's quality if nothing else. 7,5

3. Enters the long loved upbeat family realm of sunshine dance and trance. Groove is far out. Where we create our own happiness in a fucked up world... Careful not to let that "own sociaty" be the fucked up (as well). We're all victim to weakness in all it's sneaky forms. Family is growing every day. This is a good track. Be happy. Be playful. Be wicked. Be understanding. Be kind...  8

4. Into the flow the next track gives more of those known classical finger dancing body swirling -longed for by Goatrancers and acid dancers- synth riffs, still in a stoned tripping groove. Barely off your feet. Simplistic and stylsh bubbling squinchy sublime sound details in a spectral floating fashion.. 7

5. Classical x-dreamers path, good rump moves to float into a float. Old memories in a modern tie. Acid control is smooth, so the shirt loosens, and the realization of the X-Dream albums actuality hits home. The effect is strong. Less becomes so much more. Sensitivity approach and understanding is valid. Smiles and clear sight. Not to much, not to little, but just enough to dance free. 7

6. Mysterium is set, the curtains are open and the shimmer chases the sun. And bam! Like a pan cake, astral's coda endures and creates an eastern-egyptian melodic piece of cream. Suttle and flairing, peaceful and calm, like a hoovering UFO that's probally just a drone anyway - like it's so hard to make a controlled huge silent quickly-accelerating flying drone profesionnally by people in the big leauges who are infront of the technology leaving the general dim-witted masses below & behind, . -- The track is a beautiful piece of trance-music  7,5

7. As space has passed, the amanda takes the -dare I say- shake. Stirring around the half-empty glass.. some sparkling ice-cubes by the discoball, glasses are empty as long as theres nothing in them, unless you count particles and oxygen. Psychedelia can very well be sexy, and groovy, but it's not about sex baby. For the more lustent sex drive, you need to fill the glass with coke. Feels good doesnt it. Yeah, the retrieving of senses into the safe and comfortable original known, the stable and in controlled. Becoming loosely connected. A powersurge drive of a track, brings out ecstasy waves from deep within the spine. The spinn of old-school trancersize daze  with super move. Progressive workout venting signs of potensial ,,braindamage". You know, that venting-a-gland-in-your-brain sound used in a lot of basement Techno tracks.. Donno, not sure. 6

8. After the done comes shun. Heavy light tech psy, TAXI! Where is the supervisor? .. Filthy indistrual and warp-driving not sure where gravity pulls kinda gReAt track. How it rolls rules the machine driven music we create to date. Where the previous track was for them-minded-a-safe-nice-spot of almost shallow tendencies, this track is not far from it though much more in a depth. Travelling forwards in a gravitational field. Barbarian from an Eternian tribe (that shooting in He-man, i think). So familier, and smashingly heavy. 6,5

9. After a strongly dugged meal, and way into the X-Dreamed remiXed travel, it's nice to have some pleasent dessert to make the degistive system have it's "peace" to quorn its present. Top that process with a nice hit from the chillum, and you have all a lazy peaceful person can wish for. Life. The fruits of it - the ones we harvest & the ones we shouldn't. It can all become philosophical. As pundering and conceiving as one can be, on a nice chilled ride on a alien camels back feeling all sway·ing·ly, transparent, and nomadish. 7,5

10. After the desert thump, people get it on, and continue rocking. Phased music for the rise. Still in it, sticking to it. Grooving the full-on with much room. Fabriquaded and stylish, acid fingers pushing buttons and turning knobs. Music dialogue hightens the involved activity. No time to wave arms, to much inside
- Inside the Mixer with X-Dream's Remixed compilation album pushing backwards to the present future. Boiing! It's like morning glory without the nauseating restriction on movement -- very stoned. Great stuff but... This e-rection track has flourished many moons already. The details are sensitive. And this has a much more in your face steady and round full-on attitude to it then the avarage track on this, Re:X-X. 6,5

11. Being shot back up down into the moon.. Guitars and a neck of the hoods pops up. Bringing the most old-school sounding track to the table with a closing wide sample that brings me back to those UFO's made by simple effective technology. It's electryfying! Ripple cracking. But oh so uninspirering. Not sure if the napkins are acid drenched. More like ..clammy. But its a nice spot sure yeah, why not. Ciao. 5,5

12. Sparks create life, life creates sparks. Sturdier as the bassline rappidly fluxiate a calling for, could it be, the post man? Jefferson airscrapes away their mobile hoover furniture with cheers and fantastic melodic work. Head woggling. Listening to bubbly words that seem awefully multicapitabelly recieveble by antennas on a radio broadcasted panic in paradise geek whilst riding the astral sci-fi lane through the psychedleic family trance's tunnel funnel. .. yeah, like, whatever. 8

13. Heftier vibes hang high building creations of fire fly. Tribal play a sweet ray of clay. Highten the senses, bore me to a trance stan. Pulling the wings while lubing the tube. Thats right freaks. The acid has platoued and we are now back to the sensation of a indoor psychedelic rave party that sample vice binds the outputted eXperience together. A tribute track to X-Dream, like we've heard before given to Infected Mushroom, and Hallucinogen etc by other artists like Talamasca, SynSUN...  ( : 7

14. Mind laughers drumming the drum - this will not come undone. Loud is one of those simple effective quality tuned bass&kick makers that has a distinct touch and lovely oumph and experiened sense for common grounds that is easily recognized, and loved/appreciated around the stomping globe. It connect people together on the gound - in the air. They actually seem to care about the fllowship that is bound together on a dance-floor full of meaning. I think the track could have sounded even more new sounding quality, but it might be that this is one of those old X remixes "finally" released officially. It's ok but nothing to telegram home about. ..but if you do, the message will most proberlly reach home. At least to the front yard if you are so lucky to have one. 6,5

15. The trip is still on and the rock star has taken the top spot. Indeed it is. Crazy cool, fluffy as few in that creme dela creme way. Awesomeness at the peak while it flies deep with musical variations and typical cocky attitude of a psytrance master-blaster. Be it with or without them sunglasses. It's a music that goes beyond actually being psychedelic or not, what it is it is and it's electronic dance music with a nice psychedelic trance heart. And when the main cheese hits. Lawd have mercy! It's heaven before it hits deplore. So yeah, for the thicker more stadium psytrance this is the track of them all on this remiXed album. Take it or leave it. 8

16. As we glide onwards on beloved wings, with rugged and interstellar affirmative steps, on the squeeky glitter pedal through shining stars, there is much room for floating hands high above your head allowing simultaneously to cool down sweaty armpits - touching the sky. Angel soars, and trance healing trance, dance. 8

17. From the glitter we go back to the deeper clonk of heavier & bouncy psychedelic tech trance. Effects and hi-hats grabs as the ghostly reminiccess curess into crunch and sharp bladed hugs. As usual on this compilation, the groove is strong. And the feeling of gelt is present. 6,5

18. The last effort brings a softer and more angelic "echoing in a crystal cave with what can be a neonshining crawling insect of spiraling movement" track, by the one and only (psychedelic) dream-trance producer(s?), Blue Planet Corporation. It's floating in the antigravitation, till the beats hits mass. Simplistic techno-winked track that fills a nice gap to go find the toilet if needed. 8

The avarage of the point five scores: 7,1944444444 / 10

.. and its over. quit a journey from start to end. And again, in my lack of insight on the (3?) labels' process in making and releasing this fluffy monster.. and in knowing if this is a time-scattered track selection or fresh and 'on order' kinda release - i do not really for certain know. If it is a costly on order X-VA, I would have much more prefer them to have spent their money in gathering tracks from other maybe more unknown and interesting artists, artists as mentioned in the begnning of this review for one. Anyway, in many good cases, this is a superb enough quality release with a couple of downers to have and enjoy. Even if they to the naked ear sound boring, the details in most of these tracks are really nice and intricate. .. So get it here:

Bandcamp: (8 physical releases remaining)
- https://boshkebeatsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/x-dream-remixed-2xcd-ltd-digipack-flying-rhino-2017

Or in another shop or streaming site of your preferance.

(psytonesreviews)

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I took a listen at YT cause I ignored it more or less so far, being no big fan of remixes generally.

Manuser and Padmapani said already what I gathered at a quick listen through.
I do not know what the purpose of this release was, when it does add almost no value to the original works?

Is not Midimiliz one of the X-D guys? If that is the direction X-Dream would go if they release something new, I guess it would be a bad surprise.
OTH, some of the big names deliver some good but not remarkable work, Atmos, AP, MWN..others get boring after 2 minutes like loud, sphongle.

Perhaps when I listen again I will discover more ?

X-D "Irritant" I also listened again.. after it seemed not so good before.. but the 2nd listen did not add much positive to my first impression, guess it is too minimal, technoid and some tracks too long for what is going on. "We Interface" corrected some of this and is better also the female vocoder voice I like (which some might hate tho) LOL

Here loud, I wonder why people like this one so much, see the thumbs up ratio It is boring and 1 of the sounds is irritating: