This is a track that I have been recently working on. The melodies/chords are simpler than my other work, but I tried to go for a hypnotic approach with lots of repetition in a "outer space" themed track.

Note: I use FL Studio's step sequencer/channel rack only. Not playlist mode. I prefer the step sequencer because I can make the track feel more natural in a "live" way when I record.

Criticism is wanted!

I like the composition. its an unuasual track, but composition vise for my taste much more interesting and trippy than many other things i have heard. i like how the track develops from kind of alien talks or so into epic melodic finishing. very well done.

the mixdown need some work though.on my labtop speaker e.g. i dont hear the kick at all. ive put other speakers then and realised, that ur kick is only moving in the deeper frequencies.

this can be improved quite easy if you choose or make a kick with a bit more klick sound as well.

same goes for the bass, also dont hear it well. i hear that ur kick has a lot of tail, so a lot of deep bass after the initial hit. i dont know if u cut the subfreqs in ur other instruments, so the bass has enough space. i feel its a bit muddy in lower part of the spectrum.

the hihats are a bit too loud as well.

so i think with a bit of improvement in these points, the whole track will soundquality wise sound much more clear and better.

and for the actual composition of the track i think its very nice as said. its a creative and individual track not feeling like a million other tracks. which is quite rare and i appreciate a lot.

• Like 1

I like the composition. its an unuasual track, but composition vise for my taste much more interesting and trippy than many other things i have heard. i like how the track develops from kind of alien talks or so into epic melodic finishing. very well done.

the mixdown need some work though.on my labtop speaker e.g. i dont hear the kick at all. ive put other speakers then and realised, that ur kick is only moving in the deeper frequencies.

this can be improved quite easy if you choose or make a kick with a bit more klick sound as well.

same goes for the bass, also dont hear it well. i hear that ur kick has a lot of tail, so a lot of deep bass after the initial hit. i dont know if u cut the subfreqs in ur other instruments, so the bass has enough space. i feel its a bit muddy in lower part of the spectrum.

the hihats are a bit too loud as well.

so i think with a bit of improvement in these points, the whole track will soundquality wise sound much more clear and better.

and for the actual composition of the track i think its very nice as said. its a creative and individual track not feeling like a million other tracks. which is quite rare and i appreciate a lot.

Thanks a bunch! This is very useful advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Quit interesting, mjees jes. Høres fedt ut man, trippy emotional and travelling. Have you thought about going over to Ableton instead of FL? Im biased caus ive decided after many years to go on the Ableton asap - most people with success of releasing (if thats a goal at all - for most its the only goal :B), do not use FL in my experience of knowing.. The amatourishness impression without a strong knowing of what Im DAW-talking ABOUT, often comes because of the usage of FL instead of another DAW, like Cubase, which is a much harder tool to learn afaik. Nice sound man, vibe and space .. Of course, if youve spent your life dedicated to FL mastering, its crap to have to leave it and learn a new one, i guess. This is a really nice track with its content and ideas. Lovely noise you got there also -- Experiences with live gigs hearing your sound pump out of the speakers into the space will improve your production skills a lot i think. 

• Like 1

I've tried Ableton, but I can't get my head around how it works. I've tried tutorials about how to use it, and if I ever learn how to use it, I may use both DAWs for production.

• Like 1