Looking for some tracks

Ursus

Hi guys, I'm looking for a certain type of tracks. I seem to have a hard time finding so called 'darker' oldskool songs. It doesn't need to be hard, intense or overly acidic, that's not what I'm aiming at. A perfect example would be Nanosphere Courier by Bypass Unit. The sinister atmosphere this song produces is exactly what I'm looking for, but these tracks appear to be rare to me. Does any of you know some good examples or great songs? :)

• Like 1

Hi guys, I'm looking for a certain type of tracks. I seem to have a hard time finding so called 'darker' oldskool songs. It doesn't need to be hard, intense or overly acidic, that's not what I'm aiming at. A perfect example would be Nanosphere Courier by Bypass Unit. The sinister atmosphere this song produces is exactly what I'm looking for, but these tracks appear to be rare to me. Does any of you know some good examples or great songs? :)

Well, Nanosphere Courier is more of a moody dance track to me, but okay.

darker? sinister atmosphere?

try these:

(the whole project genesis album is dark goa)

(only the anno domini album is darker — and this more in an atmospheric rather than bypass unit's aggressive way)

in addition to the artists mentioned by trunksan there are also cydonia, some of miranda's tracks (gnocchi or her second album), kopfuss resonator (first album), tim schuldt (the next for instance but most of his tracks under various names (mama indica, brain accent, talking souls, diverger, ...), sandman (end of the world!) and tarsis.

• Like 1

Yes :) The MFG track is exactly what I'm looking for. Indeed maybe you could call it moody :P. I don't tend to think of Miranda's tracks as 'dark' but I can see why you mention Gnocchi. Atmospheric or aggressive, both sound wonderful. I've listened to a lot of Chi-A.D.and although I love his music really badly, I don't get the creeps like the MFG or Bypass Unit tracks give me. Somehow behind the screeching and deep drums there's just too much positivity going on behind the track :P. But I've never heard Kopfuss Resonator. Thanks for the tips guys :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...