New to psytrance and decided to share to see if im on the right path xD

sinistro

Well i start producing "psytrance" (if you can call that to what i produce) for a almost a year and i don't know if this is good or bad in therms of psy.

I know there are many different genres of psy but i dont know where does my production fits in.

Hope you can say something about it i would apreciate a lot. :)

this is the track i consider to be in the best shape in terms of mixing and quality from me:

Sounds really good, I like the atmosphere and progression, the production is just fine. Building up on your own words, it sounds a bit like you're undecided whether you want it to be melodic, or dark / textured and as a result it's neither here or there: for melodic it's too constrained (and - surprisingly - limited mostly to bass) and for dark/textured it's too narrow - the sounds are there, but they don't develop / morph as much as I'd like them to.

But you're definitely on the right path and it's quite impressive if it's really only a year since you started producing, although I understand you were doing other music before it as well.

Actually, "Africa" and "Consciousness" are better tracks than "India", at least IMO.

Subscribed to your SC!

• Like 1

Youre right antic604 ive been producing for a while, just psytrance that its new for me as a mention in the post.

My favorite is also "Consciousness" but the mix just dont gives me the fells , i never like my mixes probably thats the problem xD.

That point that you mention, "your not in dark nor melodic" its because i like them both (blame a friend that produces dark and i have a collab project with him) :P and thats what i find amazing in psytrance i could transmit what its in the track.

Really wanna thank you for the feedback im trying to finish some more songs that i have and fix the mixes i will upload them when done and put it for free download and try to improve more and more thats the real goal :).

• Like 1

Sounds good man, it's definitely "psy". Production and sound design are solid, the bass and kick are on point and I really like the filtery synth stuff (I listened to several tracks, so I'm speaking on all of them). I personally like more melodic stuff, but your stuff is well done and psy people will like it

• 2 weeks later...