W.T.F IS THIS?

technosomy

As far as I know, this is Talamasca, taking tracks from big names in the scene, making a remix for each artist, which includes parts from several tracks of the artist blended in one remix-track.

The Man With No Name track for example has parts from Teleport, Own The World, ...

I'm reminded of how bad the Infected Mushroom tribute track is/was (though a bit fun) ... This is the promo-text btw of the album your weirding about: "

Talamasca is back with an epic full album, themed around his love for the origins of our.. 

scene. He went back to his roots, his earliest memories of the music that had such a profound impact on his life, and selected 9 goa-trance pioneers that were of great influence to him.

Going through the repertoire of these legendary acts, he made a selection of tracks with significant meaning to him, and reworked them all into one brand new musical journey. It's Talamasca's way to pay tribute to these artists, to bring beautiful memories to the first fans of the scene and to teach new fans about the origins of the music they've come to love.

"You Own the World, You Know That, Don't Yah!"   :wub: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y0iRGlzXHE  lick to collapse contents

I believe he wants to pay his tribute to the classics, in his style, and maybe introduce them to full on new crowds.

This one I kind of like, also very cool video:

I like Talamasca's full on. He was one of those who made me listen to psytrance in my childhood, I remember his track Aries such a good tune. If I close my ego I can listen to this remixed album just for a great melodies of legendary goa trance tracks with Talamasca's touch which mix my memories of past days to present emotions :)

it's actually not that bad. yes, it uses all the cheap tricks of commercial fullon, but it's has great goa trance melodies (obviously) so it's better than most other more popular psytrance anyway. i actually wanted to see his show when he came to town, but sadly i fell asleep, not after hearing his music but after a long day at work before i even went there. ;)

ok after reading your comments and listening a few times... i get it (or could have been me banging my head

on the table after the first listen)

i agree about his full on style def has it's moments, and if like fede sais he introducing old stuff in new style

to the younglings thats always a good thing

just hope it doesn't start a wave of others doing this in worst style

will keep listening and try not to judge to harshly to quickly next time

must be getting old!

That We Are The World is the strangest salad mix it all from all melodies of the goa world... weird!

I do believe it can be enjoyed with purple embraces while alternating with what is love.

• Like 2

For sure this Talamasca album is better then the Astral Projection Goa Classics album, right? Or ...what do you think?

https://www.discogs.com/Astral-Projection-Goa-Classics-Remixed/release/6397402 

I'm actually interested in this release  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Me too. Yes it's cheesy af, yes it's an embarassment to what Talamasca used to produce, but classic Goa melodies are...classic Goa melodies.

• Like 1

Ha, spot on ... I came across this today.

But as I got to know what it is, it struck me: "Oh noes, are we that old already that we need the "new wave" of remixes...?"

Meh, not really my thing. Give me NEW albums or new tracks by these artists and I'll love it ... but rather not something that sounds like medleys that went throught the Talamasca chute - feels just like he wants to cash in on the old music...

I hope this doesn't become "in". Otherwise they'll soon exhume all the old stuff and urinate on their graves...