Is going to Transylvaliens by myself worth?

Mahasamatman

I'm pretty new to Goatrance/festivals in general (19yo)

and being from Berlin, most of my friends are really into techno,

so I probably won't be able to convince them to come with. Myself I

really like Goa though, and Transylvaliens looks really sweet.

always.

travel alone. 

you're more likely to find a group of people to bond with and create a short term group

it's harder to forge these weird impermanent relationships with two separate groups

be chill and have your own solo experience and you'll make new friends =) 

Transylvaliens are one of best festivals I had, super nice people and crew, amazing soundsystem and lineup and best camp place ever with enough shade for everyone. You will have great times thats for sure :)

Thanks for the motivation. But I actually managed to get them to come with me to Connection, which looks even more awesome. :D

Connection is awesome, I'm sure you will have a great time in Spain. :) Do not miss Total Eclipse!!

@Mahasamatman yes go ahead and come!

If it's your first festival abroad, I don't think it's a problem travelling alone to Transylvaliens. The only piece of advice I can give is to prepare for contingencies. For example, there's a lot of transportation, so don't take plane tickets with too tight schedules. Just take your time and enjoy.

As for Connection, same thing. It's in a pretty remote place in the countryside and getting there is already a journey. There's no gsm coverage at the festival either, so smsing your friends to find them is not even possible :) Apart from that it's an awesome festival! Just come and say hello!

PS: Yes those arists like Cosmosis are asked to do retro sets at Connection usually.

Damn, we already booked flights on the 26th :/

I guess we'll miss most of the opening day. That's unlucky, but I still think we're gonna have a great time.

Edit: But thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to account for it next summer. ^^

i guess it's already too late now, but seville is a nice city, well worth a visit in itself. and prepare for really cold nights at connection.  while it will be as nice and hot in the day as down at the coast, the nights bring totally unexpected temperature drops up there in the mountains. in sevilla you could walk around in the t-shirt at late night, then at connection i had two sweaters plus a warm jacket.