Am I ok or shit at making psy?

Hey all, I've been producing Industrial music for the last 10 or so years and have

released on some known labels in that genre so I like to think that I am ok at

music, but I think the standards are lower in that genre.

Anyway, long story short I have been going back to my "roots" in psy/goa

and that's all I want to write these days. My first love is goa, but I can't ever

stick to writing one style so my stuff is a mix of the things I like from various

genres which include Goa, Prog, Darkpsy, Tribal, and Industrial. I have no idea if

this stuff fits into a particular style or even sounds good to psy people.

Thematically these songs draw from ancient egyptian mythology and alchemy.

Any feedback is welcome!!

https://soundcloud.com/wormsoftheearth/tebat-neteru-new-psy-stuff-preview

• Like 1

Yes. I really like your tribal goa style. The middle eastern melodies really shine through beautifully. Your variance in beat patterning and also melodic switchups is really nice. Now I primarily listen to darkpsy and forest, however i will tell you that I appreciate your sound. I for one like these songs and I know quite a few others that would love them as well. Thank you for sharing

If you want to check my latest creations I would be stoked. Im new to the game since January.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!!

Any ideas on labels that actively release this kind of hybrid psy style? Always afraid that it won't be enough of whatever style to fit with labels that generally focus on a specific style of psy

Thanks guys!!

Any ideas on labels that actively release this kind of hybrid psy style? Always afraid that it won't be enough of whatever style to fit with labels that generally focus on a specific style of psy

It sounds like (better version of) Goasia, so I'd try Suntrip? or Zion604?

• Like 1

DAMN thanks man! I love Goasia so that's a huge compliment...and Suntrip is my fav psy (goa) label so I guess why not lol

Well, they were sounding different (and very good) with their 1st album, but subsequent releases were all in the same vein: I call it folk goa, and there's nothing wrong with it, but they've become very predictable - full album is like one, 1h+ long track with the same bass, percussions and melodies. Good in small doses, but I usually listen to whole albums, so it's not for me.

Good luck :)

Well, they were sounding different (and very good) with their 1st album, but subsequent releases were all in the same vein: I call it folk goa, and there's nothing wrong with it, but they've become very predictable - full album is like one, 1h+ long track with the same bass, percussions and melodies. Good in small doses, but I usually listen to whole albums, so it's not for me.

Good luck :)

Yeah that's true, I loved From Other Spaces but don't like the subsequent albums that much, like you said very predictable and pretty same-y throughout. And the stuff I like the most are those moments of "oh hey that sounds like something off a track on From Other Spaces"

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...