Do anyone know of "ASTRIX"

It's popular to hate Astrix just like it is popular to bash Astral Projection.

Anyway, healium, as long as your post is sincere (which I will assume it is), you must like Astrix. You are not alone. Astrix's first album "Eye to Eye" and most of the songs he does on compilations are new style full on trance. Most of his songs use the typical full on baseline, however, he does it better than most.

Some reccomendations:

Astrix complied the compilation: "Nu-clear Visions of Israel." (part 1) You might want to check that out.

He also had a hand in many of the tracks on Alien Project's first album called "Midnight Sun." You might also want to check out Alien Project's other album called "Aztechno Dream." Don't waste your time with his latest called "Don't Worry, Be Groovy" or something like that.

Another album that has a similar energy as Astrix's work is Silicon Sound - Pure Analog.

Also anything by Atomic Pulse sounds very similar but a bit heavier and darker.

There is just a few of many possible suggestions.

Here a more serious answer to your question:

Astrix generally produces so called "Full-On"-Psytrance. This sort of Psytrance is quite fast (usually between 142 to 146 BPM) and tracks follow a destinctive "catchy" bassline pattern. The bassdrum with a strong emphasis of the mid-range frequencies is also a trademark of "Full-On". - You will know what I mean when you listen to some of these tracks.

Full-On is a very popular Psytrance-style as it is easily accessible, even for novice listeners/clubbers. Nevertheless, this style does not offer much room for surprises and innovation, due to its high grade of standardisation. Still there are a few artists who manage to create very decent Full-On-tracks, with powerful build-ups and nice melodic patterns.

I would say that Astrix definitely is one of the better Full-On producers. His last album "Eye to eye" was not a complete masterpiece but it contained some really good tunes which makes it worth a listen.

And if you do not like it you may still buy the Britney Spears album as some of the guys of this forum did ;-)

midnight sun was the only thing I ever liked from astrix, one (or 2?) years ago...

but wait... wasnt midnight sun from alien project?

are they the same thing (they sound the same, at least) ?

Guest perro andaluz

Midnight Sun is definitely the best track by Alien Project and Astrix, it is actually a "killer", but they never managed to top it :(

OK OK Astrix's Eye to Eye was pretty good back in 2002, even I praised it a lot in the reviews section (my reviewing alias is moondancer in case you didn't know). However the apreciation was mainly because at the time 90% of new releases were dark minimal so it felt great to blast out for once some happy melodies... but things changed a lot in the last 2 years and hoards of new producers are making almost the exact same sound so when you listen to it today it seems very mediocre... well that's my 2 cents on the subject :)

SMI²LE

Guest Raider

Hmmm, I don't like the tone about Astrix. I think he has giving us a lot of quality music and always manages to surprise me with new sounds and styles whenever I get a new track from him. In my ears, he's always evolving, always staying one step-ahead of all the copycats trying to rip of his ideas.

Don't standardize Astrix, he does evolve all the time... Haven't let me down at any point.